HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCHII in the shop...again

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCHII in the shop...again

No, they don't know what they're doing, so they're taking their cues from you. You called and asked "Where is my car?", so they probably washed it up and got it ready for you to drive away. You have now told them what to do and they're doing it, rather than doing the right thing -- which is what they said they would do in the first place -- which was to consult with Honda over the problem.

It's a small shop. The best you can do is not to be so impatient and let them work through it.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yup, I did ask where's my car because they told me to call them on Monday for an update. I also told them to take thier time fixing it as I'm perfectly happy putting km on thier loaner car. The last update I've gotten is to call back on monday.

I'm pretty sure the manager is looking after the repair now instead of the Saturday day shift guy

Other notes, the hybrid civic and the regular civic are twins separated at birth. They look the same but sure don't act the same. My hybrid is a smooth gas sipping slow poke. The civic is rough shifting (though I'm sure I'm just spoiled by the CVT) but is quite peppy - compared to the hybrid anyway. I've even *gasp* passed some cars on the local roads

I think they're about the same for road noise, but the hybrid is alot quieter engine noise wise. I miss the fuel comsumption meters - can't play for a high score.

I'll fill up the loaner today and check it's l/km heh.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree, I find the hybrids much more interesting to operate. Sort of like a game! H

Old 06-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

My baby's back!

Got a 4.3 l / 100 km score too on the way home.
I hope it holds together this time!

Old 06-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ontario07Civic
My baby's back!

Got a 4.3 l / 100 km score too on the way home.
I hope it holds together this time!
Good luck!

My car got recalled and I went in to the dealer with all the information printed from the internet. For some reason the dealer was unaware of the recall and couldn't find it in their computers. It took several days of calls back and forth before someone was finally able to verify that there was a recall. They originally wanted to charge me for the service.

It did all get straightened out in the end but it was a lot more trouble than it should have been.

If you have a decent dealer count yourself lucky. I've yet to know one.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Dang, two of the yellow regen on brake error messages. A restart of the car clears it. Any ideas?

Old 06-08-2008, 06:16 PM

Is that the one that warns of CVT problems? H

Old 06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Man I hope not!

The yellow warning light came on while braking down a hill. A restart clears the error with no engine trouble light. The l/km meter was going crazy, flipping from 2 dots to max repeatedly for about 3 km. Then it settled down. The car drives normally with no jerks or surges.

I was unable to get it to go to electric mode while the bar was jumping around. After clearing the error it seemed normal.

They must love me at the dealer heh, extra problems like these was the reason I purchased the car with an extended waranty.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:13 PM

No its not that. I think the trans d inticator light flashes when CVT problem. H

Old 06-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

All Fixed! (I hope)

It turned out to be a ECU of some sort - one of two computers that control the regen braking behaviour. They also "discovered" that they had put on the wrong tires when they did the control arm repair thing, so I got a pair of the correct oem tires as well.

Went for a trip, the computer recorded 4.4 l/100 km over a 170 km. Woohoo!

Quick Reply: HCHII in the shop...again

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands