HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCHII Navi not very intuitive

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HCHII Navi not very intuitive

I like to think of myself as pretty technically savvy... but the navigation system in my HCHII stumps me at times. Whoever wrote this thing didn't keep in mind a good UI experience...

For instance, two tasks that should be easy, are seemingly hard. Meaning I haven't figured them out.

1. How do I delete an entry in my address book?

2. How can I rename an entry in my address book?

Can someone help me out??

Thanks!

Last edited by pagemap; 06-18-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:17 PM
USAF Retired
Default Re: HCHII Navi not very intuitive

Have you tried the owner's manual? It tells you in there. The Honda nav is still light-years ahead of Toyota!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

i completely disagree with you. The GPS in the HCHII is the MOST intuitive gps I've ever used. I've used the prius nav, several garmin navs, and some other brand nav (dont remember the name because after 3 uses I stopped using it because it was just that bad). I dont know how to do the above stuff, unfortunately, since I've never had to do it or have reason to do it. Although if its possible, I am sure i can figure it out.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:39 AM
Aspiring Hypermiler
Cool Re: HCHII Navi not very intuitive

With NAV on press the "setup" button, click "More" on the screen, click "personal information" on the screen, then click the personal information on the screen that you want to edit or delete.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Hybrid Owner

I also disagree...the Honda system is a piece of cake compared to Nissan's or Toyota's. I've found GM's is easiest to navigate, however they don't allow you to make changes while in motion.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sdgarber
With NAV on press the "setup" button, click "More" on the screen, click "personal information" on the screen, then click the personal information on the screen that you want to edit or delete.
Thanks! That helps a lot.

I agree that the NAV is pretty easy to use for most things, but there should be a "rename" or "delete" option available directly after I click on an entry. I shouldn't need to dive deep into the setup menu just to modify an entry. That's why I say it's not very intuitive.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:07 AM
Enthusiast

Following that line of reasoning you should be able to do 10,000 other features from the home screen, and each pixel would be full of buttons.

Aside from Tom Tom, the honda nav is pretty high up on functionality and 'user friendliness'

I love not getting locked out of most functionality while driving

Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred S
I love not getting locked out of most functionality while driving
I agree. That is a huge plus.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

I use Garmin in most rental cars when travelling and I prefer that to the OEM navi. I agree that the OEM nav isn't as user friendly as it could be and not worth the extra expense when comparing it to aftermarket nav's.

However I'm still glad I got nav because I plan to replace it with one that has RT traffic at some point in the future and the place for the nav is already there. I would love for this replacement to be the one Honda makes for Acura but doubt they're willing to sell these as a standalone.