HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH II: is there a break in period for MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH II: is there a break in period for MPG?

wE HAVE HAD OURS SINCE MIDDLE OF AUG. THIS IS MY WIFES DAILY DRIVER TO WORK 20 MILES EACH WAY. OUR MPG HAS GONE FROM 36 TO 41 IT CLIMBS A LETTLE EACH WEEK, I THINK TO MAJOR REASON FOR THE INCREASE IS OUR LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE IT. (AC ON ALL THE TIME)
WE WERE GOING TO GO TO FL. THANKSGIVING WEEKEND WILL SEE HOW OUR HYWAY MILES WILL GO. ALL I HAVE DONE IS TIRES AT 43 LBS, DRIVING LIGHTS, TAIL, PARKING, AND TURNING SIGNALS REPLACED WITH LED'S.
WHEN MY DAUGHTER AND SON-IN-LAW DRIVE IT OUR MILAGE GOES TO POT, THEY HAVE NO NEED TO HYPERMILE IT. NOT THEIR GAS BILL.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Enthusiast

BTW,

Just by boosting up my tire pressure to about 40psi, I have already noticed a difference. I have gotten close to 40 mpg ion the second tank. I estimate that the city mpg has gone from 34 to 37 on the second tank. This is definitely an improvement and I have more margin to improve as well.

Some suggestions:

1. Make sure the tires are up to 38-40 psi. They're rated 44 psi but you may find that too hard for your road conditions.
Cheers,

Roger[/quote]

Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Read this:
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/artic...h-ii-1306.html