HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH II: CVT question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCH II: CVT question

Hello,

Is it normal that the gearbox engages when the shifter is in "P"?
Sometimes i notice that when i start the car, it moves forward. (just like you try to start a car with manual gearbox without using the clutch and gearbox is in gear 1)

Greetings,

Old 05-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH II: CVT question

This is not normal! Sounds like the linkage is out of adjustment? I would get it looked at soon. In the mean time be careful! Hal

Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

This actually sounds like a problem internal to the CVT/auto-clutch. If it were just linkage, the sensor/interlock that keeps the car from starting if it's not in P or N would probably prevent a start. Having a clutch "grabbing" independent of the interlock would explain this, and yeah, that's a serious problem.

--d

Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast

Last week i went to the dealer and ofcourse like always when you have a problem it does not happen when the dealer tries to duplicate the problem. However he noticed that out of around 30 times starting and changing gear that sometimes it goes difficult. I told him that it doesn't sound normal to me that the gear sometimes engages with a bang and that it's certainly not normal that the CVT engages when the selector is in P.

In two weeks my car will go to the garage for one day and they will check everything and try to find a solution.

Thanks for your answers!