HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 10:02 AM
AllThingsAuto
Default Re: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Greetings;
#016311 here and my driver's window occasionally reverses before reaching the top when I hit Auto up. If I hold the up button it makes it all the way up with mild resistance the last 2 inches or so. When this happens it seems the rear edge slips out of the track (you can see the rear of the window leave the door channel a bit). I just make sure the window is slid back toward the rear of the car and the problem doesn't happen again for a couiple of weeks. I haven't had the car in for service yet (I changed my own oil at 8550 and now have 9500 miles) but will definately mention it when I do visit the dealer.

Last edited by wmschmitz; 08-11-2006 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickster
My driver seat height keeps dropping slowly while driving...

Not hitting the lever...

Going in for service on Friday...ugh!
Glad I have Hondacare and know what I am talking about...

My wife brings in the car this morning. Later, the service manager tells my wife the tech can't duplicate the problem so they can't fix anything if they can't duplicate the problem. Maybe we are hitting the height adjustment when we exit.

I tell him that even if the tech CAN duplicate the problem, how will he know how to fix it? I tell him the conditions it happens in and that I've experienced it whilst driving and that I am giving him the symptoms. I also advise that I checked to see if my leg or my wife's leg hits the lever on exit and that it does not. He admits that he never drove it himself and will have to check with the tech.

I said take it on a 30 minute drive with the seat at the top position and see what happens.

We argue a little; I advise he check for any TSB's and if not, please give me the regional service manager's number or let me call Torrance and I'll investigate as this is a safety issue...he agrees to call the regional service manager.

Long story short, wife picks up the car, he's ordered a brand new seat frame at the advice of Honda Care. We'll arrange a loaner under Honda Care for the day it comes in. He was nice an pleasant to her.

Let everyone know the resolution once it is complete...

Michael

Old 08-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

My # is 16139 - My dealer ordered the parts for my window this week. I will post whether it fixes the problem after the work is done. Should take about a week.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

The dealership lubricated the run channel for my driver's side window, and the window no longer jumps the track.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Proud owner HCHII

Doppler

Lubricated what with what? The vertical channels? Does it smear the glass?

Old 08-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

The receipt says "lubed driver's side window run channel w/ silicone spray." I don't see any smudging on the glass.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Window problems

Doppler

Thanks , seems like a minor low cost preventive measure we could all follow?

Last edited by Tulip; 08-12-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've got the same problem and got a little pamphlet from Honda about the Nav system. Is there a trick to using voice command?

Old 08-14-2006, 08:55 AM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl

I took my 06 HCH to the dealer related to the "service" recall. What a mistake. When I first went in they never heard of the service recall. Then I waited a month, and finally called them to see if they had the part in. (they were supose to call me when it was in to make a service appointment). When they went to change the odometer they could not put in the previous mileage. They don't know why, so all I get now is "- - - - - - - - " instead of any sort of reading. Then they tell me that they are going to send in my old one for them to put my mileage back on it. NOT the new one. Get that??

That was the whole idea, change out my old one for the new one. Now they say I will have the dashes till they get the old one back in a few weeks (just a guess, they say). Its very obvious that they had no clue on what was involved. Very disapointed. Should of just left it alone. All that was wrong was that my "indicated" average mileage would go from 20 to 60 mpg in a 5 mile span, and other times it would stay fairly constant. It never ever came close to my mpg at the pump. I used setting "B" for my life time mileage, and it varried just the same, even after 10,000 miles. Who knows what I will end up now.

Maybe I should of followed the rule, "If its not totally broken, don't go to the dealer".

Old 08-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

you might want to go to another dealer. they might be able to help you out and be more in the know than the dealer you went to. i had my odo replaced one one of my hondas and it just starts at 0, but they put sticker with the old mileage on the cluster and the door jab.

Quick Reply: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands