HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Doppler... I have a favor to ask... could you post your VIN (just the last six digits)? Same with anyone else who has experienced the window problem! It would be valuable to find the highest VIN with the problem.

That might help the rest of us to identify if (when) Honda made a production line correction. If my VIN is lower than someone who has the problem, then I know to keep an eye on it. If my VIN is higher, at least I have a CHANCE that the problem was corrected before mine was built!!!

In my case, I'm considering getting tint on my windows. Wondering if the tint film might put a little extra drag on the "questionable" window regulator... also, if something's going to fail, I don't want the dealer ripping the window apart and messing with my new tint!

Thanks.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

The last requested part of my VIN is 014765.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am dropping of my car off today at my local Honda dealer for its first repair - to service the driver's side window as well.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

After reading these posts I noticed the same thing with the window. I am going to call the dealer and schedule a service appointment.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

ah, well i found something out. you can just spray some wd 40 in the track of the window and it will smooth out what ever it is catching. that is a fix it for now until it might happen later. then you can go to the dealer.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

I went to drop off my car to have the window serviced today, but they were booked solid. I will take it back next week.

When I got home and raised my windows, I noticed the passenger window popping out of its track.

I stopped raising it, lowered it, then raised it again and it worked fine.

I will have them both looked at....

It will not be fun giving it up for a day!!!

Old 08-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Enthusiast

I want to join the list of owners with the window problem. My Civic is having the drivers window regulator replaced on Monday. Appears that a TSB might be issued by Honda.

I also want to give a headsup to all you that are having some kind of a problem with the A/C. The Service rep told me that Honda is preparing a TSB for the Civic Hybrid A/C problems - once they can identify the cause. My symptoms are that the Auto feature is not so automatic and at times the A/C will stop and blow hot air. They think that the Computer senses that the engine needs the power - so it turns off the A/C. Not good for some one in Arizona. I know it is a dry heat BUT it is still hot.

I would like to share my MPG experience driving from my high elevation town 90 miles into Phoenix. There is an elevation change of approx 4500 ft. Going down the hill I averaged 62 and on the return up the hill I averaged 45 MPG! HILLS make a big difference in your mileage.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

That would be awsome if they had some sort of TSB for a reprogram for the AC system. It deffinitely does not do it for me when sitting there idling. In fact recently I've been welcoming battery gaguge recalibrations durring those times because it raises the engine idle rpm's so it can force charge which causes the AC to begin working well again. I was about the start carrying my infared thermometer with me to see how much of a delta T there was in the air comming out of the vents because it felt like quite a bit.

Guess it's time to start pestering the dealership service department.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZED

I would like to share my MPG experience driving from my high elevation town 90 miles into Phoenix. There is an elevation change of approx 4500 ft. Going down the hill I averaged 62 and on the return up the hill I averaged 45 MPG! HILLS make a big difference in your mileage.
What is keeping you from maxing out your mpg downhill? Are there a lot of stops or other issues? I figure once you are up to speed you should almost be able to remain in a coast or charge coast state and maintain speed. And 45 mpg uphill is rather good!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast

The 62 MPG is the readout after I reached my destination which included regular driving through Phoenix for about 10 miles, in 100+ Degree Temps. Yeah - going down hill was great.

Re A/C - they checked my A/C and found nothing wrong with it. The temps and compressor are working fine, and they could not duplicate the sudden loss of cooling - thus the Honda Corp investigation and hopefully a TSB to fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands