HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Originally Posted by AndrueC
I'm hoping UK HCHs are built in the UK at Swindon and they only import the drive train. I've heard some disturbing stories that suggest US car owners tolerate more than we do. Whoever builds it is going to have to build it to UK standards and that means if it starts rattling within the first three years I'll expect it to be fixed under warranty.

So far Civics have an excellent track record (usually at the top of the JD Power Survey) so presumably Honda won't want that record sullied especially as we are paying a premium for the vehicle.
Got a good laugh from this one. UK built cars are some of the most problematic around--even by " US standards". What a joke.

Since we are talking Honda anyone in the UK who drives one is most likely pretty lucky.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:40 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

I had the plastic undercover come loose on a trip a few days ago. It was on Sat of the 7/4 weekend. I was able to find a nearby garage remove it. Then my dealer contacted another Honda dealer near where we were. I was luckly they were open until 3:00 PM - they worked me in quickly with no charge. The mechanic told me that my dealer did not fasten all the plastic clips when they did my oil change. They were still on the car BUT not fastening the piece . I was luckly that I did not hit anything on the road. The front of this plastic undercover was flapping up & down and scraping on the road. I was happy that this only held me up about an hour on my trip. Now to see if my dealer will reimburse me the $10 bucks to have the piece removed !! Does Honda have a special school for hybrid service tecks?

Old 07-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

You must be trolling although why you'd want to do that beats me.

UK built Honda cars are always at the top of any reliability league table.

Typical article
"Honda’s Swindon factory has been given a huge boost of confidence from the recent What Car? 2005 reliability survey. Not only was Honda named the most reliable brand, but the report highlighted British built models as the top two. The previous Accord, built at Swindon until 2002 and the Civic were one and two respectively."

Another article

"Honda’s British built Civic is the most reliable small family car on the road according to Warranty Direct’s Reliability Index (reliabilty index)"

Survey results
Honda is number 3.

If you read any motor press or watch a TV programme discussing reliability Honda's UK plant is usually showcased as an example to the entire industry. It recently out performed their Japanese factories.

Final link

Old 07-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Hypermiler wanna Be

A little over 3K miles and not a sqeak or rattle !

Great little car, fantastic gas mileage and very tight.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndrueC
I'm hoping UK HCHs are built in the UK at Swindon and they only import the drive train. I've heard some disturbing stories that suggest US car owners tolerate more than we do. .
You are one silly goose dude. Why dont you try UK-made EXlax double strength? Maybe that will loosen up what ails you.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

4,500 miles so far. I heard one squeak from the driver's window about a month ago and assumed I was having the window regulator problem, but I haven't heard the squeak since. Only other issue is with the NAV. For three months, voice recognition was fine... now I can't get it to correctly recognize anything. I make sure the fan speed is 2 or below and the windows are closed. I haven't changed my voice, so I have no clue as to why this happens. It's a little annoying to tell it "go home" and instead of plotting a route back home, it turns the radio on.

Beyond that, I love the car. Currently have 57 mpg on my tank with 200 miles on it... best I've ever gotten!

Old 07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
It's a little annoying to tell it "go home" and instead of plotting a route back home, it turns the radio on.
Umm, you do realize you're talking to a navi, and not KITT, right?

Old 07-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

I've had mine for 3+ months and 7,500 miles with no problems at all.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

I've had mine for two weeks now. At first I had a slight clicking sound from the right wheel well at low speeds, but that's gone away. Other than that, nothing wrong with mine at all!

Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 PM
amf
amf

9800 miles and just under 5 months since purchase.

I have had the center armrest replaced due to loud creaking noise upon resting your elbow. Replaced under warranty.

I find that the front seat belt height adjuster tracks vibrate since the shrowd covering is very thin (covering the vertical slot).

Quick Reply: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands