Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Happy new owner of a HCHII

Hello everybody
I have a tone of questions.
I bought this car in Greece (EU).
Where do I find where and when is made?
I filled it up from almost empty and I managed to get 43 liters in.
Does anybody know what is the size of tanks of HCHII for Europe?
I thought it is 50 liters.
The dealer told me that the car oil contains lead. This is because they don't know when is it going to be sold.
Do I change it or leave it for a while?
They told me that the first oil change is at 10000Km.
Is it 0W-20 ok for a country like Greece where the weather gets too hot at summer time?
I got 6CD changer. No option for that. Where is the AUX port. Is it in a secret place?
I haven't found it at the moment. Any Ideas.

Pakis

Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Happy new owner of a HCHII

Pakis,

Congratulations on your new car. I'm not familiar with the EU version, but I'll try to answer some of your questions.

1) I believe all the Hybrids are built in Japan
2) I only know the US model. There are other HCHII owners from europe and other parts of the world on this website... you could use the search function to find posts related to fuel tank capacity. In my year here, I've seen other discussions regarding this, so there should be something in there on it.
3) There are additives in the oil for "break-in" of the new engine. I don't think lead is one of the additives, but I'm not a chemist, so I'm not certain. I would think lead (which could migrate into the exhaust via oil blow-by or crankcase gases recovered by the emissions PCV system) might cause trouble with the catalytic converter, so I'd really doubt it. I'd leave the oil in until the first change is due (as noted by the dash display which shows percent of oil life remaining)
4) I believe this is correct... at least I recall seeing 10,000k in other posts. My oil life indicator had 10% life remaining at about 8,500 miles... which I believe would be closer to 13,000 kilometers.
5) 0W-20 is correct, regardless of the temperature. I know that seems strange, but it's the low friction oil, and that's what's best! Believe me, there are places much hotter in the USA than in Greece, and this is the oil recommended here, too.
6) We don't have the 6 CD option in USA... but we do have a Navigation system option!
7) The AUX port is in the lower left portion of the dash. It's next to the power outlet just below the temperature dial.

Your car should have come with an owner's manual. That will help answer many of your questions. You can also look at specifications (like fuel tank size) at Honda websites from Europe.

Good luck... and enjoy the ride!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Pakis,

Your car should have come with an owner's manual. That will help answer many of your questions. You can also look at specifications (like fuel tank size) at Honda websites from Europe.

Good luck... and enjoy the ride!
This is an other problem. No manual.
I got a manual from the 4 door sedan version.
The HCHII just started to be sold here in Greece and they are very bad organized. I'm one of the first owners in the country.
Think I don't have the AUX port if it is where you say.
----edit----
Does anybody know where can I get an electronic copy of the manual for the EU version of the car?
----edit----
Thanx

Pakis

Last edited by pakis_ch; 01-30-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Enthusiast

What is "oil life indicator" and where do you display that?
I remind you that I have the EU version of HCHII.

Pakis

Old 01-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Pakis,

I don't know where you can obtain an EU version owner's manual, but follow this link to obtain the US version (free!):

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

Just click on the link and then click on "owner's manuals" on the left side of the page. Choose the year and the hybrid model, and you're in business.

As for the oil life monitor, it's integrated with the trip meters (the meters which show miles and MPG). The button that operates that meter cycles it between trip meter "A", trip meter "B", vehicle odometer, outside temperature and oil life.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Pakis,

I don't know where you can obtain an EU version owner's manual, but follow this link to obtain the US version (free!):

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

Just click on the link and then click on "owner's manuals" on the left side of the page. Choose the year and the hybrid model, and you're in business.

As for the oil life monitor, it's integrated with the trip meters (the meters which show miles and MPG). The button that operates that meter cycles it between trip meter "A", trip meter "B", vehicle odometer, outside temperature and oil life.
Thanx for the tip for the manual.
Oil life is out of the 07 EU version trip meters. Trip A & B, vehicle odometer and outside temperature are still there

I also figured out the model yesterday from the VIN
The 10th digit on the VIN is 7.

Another interesting thing is that the Trip meters can display 0.1 L/100KM.
I did it yesterday for 2.4 kilometers. I'll post a photo tomorrow.
This exactly 2352MPGus or 2824MPGuk.
It was a very steep hill and reseted the odometer after the acceleration over the top of the hill.
Pakis

Old 02-02-2007, 07:55 AM
rgx
Active Enthusiast

Pakis,

I have an EU HCH2, from 2006. There are a few differences from the US version. Here are some I know:
  • Different front, with fog lights
  • Active stability system (VSA) (can be disabled with a button)
  • Heated seats
And yes, the fuel tank is 50 L. I don't think we have the AUX port either.

Can you elaborate on the first oil change, where did you get the information that it should be done at 10000 km? I also heard the same, but when I contacted the dealer to get it done he insisted that it should be the same interval as for the non-hybrid, which is at 20000 km. (The same dealer insists on winter tires in 16" dimension, so it's not the best reference.) I am at 11000 km now so it would help to know.

Great car though.

Last edited by rgx; 02-02-2007 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added comment about AUX port
Old 02-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rgx
Pakis,

I have an EU HCH2, from 2006. There are a few differences from the US version. Here are some I know:
  • Different front, with fog lights
  • Active stability system (VSA) (can be disabled with a button)
  • Heated seats
And yes, the fuel tank is 50 L. I don't think we have the AUX port either.

Can you elaborate on the first oil change, where did you get the information that it should be done at 10000 km? I also heard the same, but when I contacted the dealer to get it done he insisted that it should be the same interval as for the non-hybrid, which is at 20000 km. (The same dealer insists on winter tires in 16" dimension, so it's not the best reference.) I am at 11000 km now so it would help to know.

Great car though.
The dealer told me to do that. They said that the first oil the car comes with contains lead. It's good because they don't know when is it going to be sold. They also told me that they are also going to replace the oil filter at 10000Km.
The 10000-12000Km is a good average oil change for Greece since it is very dusty here all year round except when it is raining. I think the oil life indicator the US models have, is best option regarding the oil changes.

About the fuel tank. On my first fill up I put as much as I could get in there.
This was 43.5 liters with no bars showing on the gas tank meter.
Today the fuel tank light came up with 2 bars showing and until I reached to the gas station I was down to 1 bar. I filled up to the first click that was 38.5 liters. I then drove about 1 kilometer to my work and I was left with a 19/20 bars tank. I'm sure I could get in about 40 liters but it is far from getting in 50 liters.

Pakis.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
rgx
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pakis_ch
About the fuel tank. On my first fill up I put as much as I could get in there.
This was 43.5 liters with no bars showing on the gas tank meter.
Today the fuel tank light came up with 2 bars showing and until I reached to the gas station I was down to 1 bar. I filled up to the first click that was 38.5 liters. I then drove about 1 kilometer to my work and I was left with a 19/20 bars tank. I'm sure I could get in about 40 liters but it is far from getting in 50 liters.

Pakis.
The thing is, when the fuel light lits, and you have 2 bars left, you have almost 10 L in the tank. Example: on my last tank, fuel light came on at 730 km, I then drove another 95 km before filling up 46 L. The most I have filled is 47.2 L, but don't want to push it further. So you can be sure the tank is 50 L, it's only weird to be able to drive another 150-200 km with fuel light on.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default What is the size of the gas tank of the US HCHII

Is it 40 or 50 liters?

Quick Reply: Happy new owner of a HCHII

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands