HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Got the latest June '10 software update!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Thought I'd put this stat on my software update post – got 67.3 MPG overall (calculated by hand) this week at 60 MPH over a 600-mile drive from Portland, OR to San Francisco, CA, with AC. Never thought such good stats could happen to me – I am amazed, impressed, and happy!

Old 11-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Default Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Those are excellent numbers. Was that CC at 60 mph? H

Old 11-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Very nice Steven!

Jess

Old 11-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Arrow Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Yeah – needless to say it was really exciting for me since I'm no hypermiler and I have a lifetime average in this car of just 44 MPG – I could hardly believe my eyes when the numbers crept up and up, and then stayed up! What a huge difference it made to slow down by 10 MPH... when compared to the low-50 MPG numbers that I'd been getting at 70-ish MPH for the rest of the trip. I used CC on the flat roads, and manual throttle in the mountains.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:07 AM

Yes , I get my better FE the same way .The double nickel [55] is even better. H

Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm not a hypermiler either but I been living happy in the 52-58 MPG zones after the updates. yeah, its just a bit better than before but my pack is now smilin' at me with less recals than I was getting before the update.

I guess the soft update makes a believer out of me and I reckon this continue to be my best car ever. Eat my ATPZEV exhaust OPEC !!!! LOL

ks

Old 12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Had the battery firmware upgraded 4 days ago. The next day I drove the car from my home in Reseda, to Glendale, to Studio City and back home. (20mi,, 10mi, 10mi) it recalibrated 5 minutes after leaving Home, on the usual place. Then it recalibrated again 5 min after leaving Glendale (car had been parked there for 7h), then it recalibrated again 5min after leaving Studio City...

Next day, same drill every where.

Where the car would re-calibrate randomly, now it recalibrates every time it's started. Behavior is a bit different, it will not auto-stop as often, some times it ignores regen and it only drops to 2 bars, not 0, as before some times.

After a few minutes without assist, it will all of the sudden jump to full bars and all will be fine until the next time it drops.

This is pissing me off. Took the car to the dealer again today, even brought some videos, and they ran a test on the battery which showed no error codes and 330v... still had them keep the car to drive it tomorrow so we'll see if they realize this is not how it's suppossed to be.

Juan S. Fernandez
2006HCH , 2006FEH
Reseda, California

Old 12-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Enthusiast

After waiting to see the reactions on the boards, I waited until mid-October to get the software update. I did it then in part because of the reaction and in part because I was getting more frequent recal's, although I was in a period of more frequent "auto" use on the climate control because of a run of rainy weather.

I am now about 5,000 mile and 10 tanks in with the updates and I notice a couple of things:

1) Whereas before I would most frequently have 6 bars of SoC, it now is more frequently at 4 to 5 bars of SoC.
2) I do more frequently get to 8 bars of SoC, whereas before it would take huge downhill coasts to get the full SoC to display.
3) I think I feel less IMA assist from a dead stop but that is hard to quantify. I have felt the itch to put the CVT in S from a dead stop some times to get more push. I don't have a heavy foot off of the line (I'm always trying to stay under 2,500 rpm, usually under 2,000). I have not gained all that much weight either!
4) I have had less frequent recal's, even with a good stretch of using a lot of "auto" and high fan settings because of rain and the need to keep the inside of the windshield clear.

Again, very unscientific but here is the miles and mpg for 10 tanks pre and post the update:

Pre 10 tanks: 5082 miles / 52.7 mpg
Post 10 tanks: 4972 miles / 52.1 mpg

The dip would not be unexpected given a recent spate of colder weather, the need to get the block heater fixed and a tank sitting in traffic to and from a Patriots game.

For the same period covered by these 20 tanks a year ago the numbers were:
9846 miles / 50.7 mpg. The biggest change between last year and now has been a change from Nokian I3 to Bridgestone Ecopia EP 100s, so the difference in numbers seems consistent with what I have seen with the tire change overall.

So, aside from what seems like a little loss in assist from a dead stop, I have not seen any significant change in the performance of the car and the number of recals has reduced. As I am 4 years and 164,000 miles into the car, I will interested to see how long the battery holds on.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsalva11

This is pissing me off. Took the car to the dealer again today, even brought some videos, and they ran a test on the battery which showed no error codes and 330v... still had them keep the car to drive it tomorrow so we'll see if they realize this is not how it's suppossed to be.
the fellas at cleanmpg said that for some people the updates will cause things to get worse before they get better. give the updates a fair chance cause it takes time to fix the battery deterioration thing.

ks

Old 12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
How dare I, how dare you to come here and do nothing but complain with nothing constructive to say.
What I am saying, is there are a lot of people here with 200+ posts that have been here a long time, there are others that have popped up simply to complain with 23-30 posts which feels more like trying to build fodder for a lawsuit.
Honda did not pull the mpg numbers out of thin air, the federal goverment assigned them the same as they did with any Ford or Chevy on the street, I get about 40-50 mpg most of the time (99% city driving), it goes down in the winter, and in the summer with 100% a/c use, thus the mpg # in my sig.
I have no doubt in my mind that your car is a lemon, I do have issues with your failure to participate in this fourm (where no one can do anything for you) except to complain....please, do us all a favor, use Hondas high resale value and trade your car in.

Quick Reply: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands