HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Fog Lights

Hello, I will be attempting to install fog lights on my 07 HCHII tomorrow. I have read the instructions about a million times, but if anybody has any suggestions or advise, PLEASE let me know. (other than paying my dealership to have it done)
Thanks

Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lights

I did the install myself and the instructions were straight forward. Just make sure you have all the tools with you before you do the install.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

As exbauer said, the instructions are pretty good and most folks should do well.

However, if you want to be safe for this retrofit and others you may want to do in the future I advise you buy a shop/service manual. In the manual they reveal many other details that the instructions may not provide including part numbers for specialized tools recommended for proper Honda servicing. This includes mechanical, electrical, and interior trim.

More importantly though, when following any instructions, read carefully and contemplate the nature and depth of the tasks before executing them. Study the parts including the dash and trim pieces and follow the masking and towel use directions to avoid damage to the parts in their removal. In other words, don't muscle your way in and all will go smoothly. You'll actually feel good afterwards.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, Here goes nothin'. Hopefully I will have some nice pics afterwards.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

My experience take aways with the fog light install was:

1. Put the bumper cover up on some saw horses and have someone help you hold the cover while you cut the holes. The cover is not very rigid, and is a pain to hold and cut it at the same time. I used a Dremel tool with a cutting wheel to make the hole, but a RotoZip cutter would have been better.

2. I did not disconnect the battery for this install, as there is really nothing in the circuit that could be harmed by the adding of the fog lamp wiring harness.

3. When adding the wiring harness in the cabin, you have to add to wires to an existing connector. Make sure that these wires and their connector pins are completely seated in the connector shell. If not they will push out when the connector is reconnected.

4. When you have the front bumper cover off, this is a good time to also upgrade your horns to ones that get attention.

Good luck with it, plan on a whole afternoon to do the install.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:59 AM

I would add that this is not a 1 person job. You should have another person with you. Have a blanket ready to put your bumper on so you don't scratch anything on the bumper when putting it down.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Enthusiast

Done, Fairly smooth install. Took about 2 1/2 hours. Thanks for all the advice.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:51 PM

glad to hear the install was a success. i am sure you have some pictures of your proud HCHII with fogs

Old 01-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well, now that has me thinking about this as a future project! I have a brand new set of fog lamps (complete installation package) for an Isuzu Axiom, sitting in a box in my garage. Wondering if I could adapt that to fit my HCHII. I'm quite good at building wire harnesses (I do it all the time!), so that wouldn't be an issue.

Question... I know the plastic openings (which I believe are available separately) have a somewhat elongaged (not round) opening... but are the lamps themselves that shape? The lamps I have are completely round. That might be a pain to try and fit in there.

If you've got photos of the installation, that would be great to see!