HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Driver's side window out of track

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Driver's side window out of track

I have found numerous old threads from back in '07 about drivers side windows coming out of their track on the HCHIIs. Has anyone had this problem on a model after the '07 model year that the TSB shows? It was bulletin 06-014 (found info here: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/forwv/...c=bc%26.view=l)

I have an '07 and have never had this issue, but a friend has an '08 that has this problem. The only TSB copies I can find refer to models through '07, but not '08s. Any chance what I'm finding isn't up-to-date?

Anyone w/ an '08 have this issue? Anyone have luck getting this issue resolved on an '08?

Thanks!

Last edited by Wallace07; 03-09-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Driver's side window out of track

Yes

I've never seen the dealer about it because I can't repeat the issue. It comes and goes as it pleases. Well, it actually seems to happen most often on the highway when I roll down the window to get some fresh air. Then as it starts to rain, or I get off the highway and drive into the bad parts of town I roll up the window and ....

I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer recommended the door visor accessory

Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Energy Independence

I'd just call up the dealer and tell them you're having this issue on a 2008.
They are FULL aware of it on the 2006 and 2007 models.
Maybe they'll just replace it. If not, you've at least REPORTED the issue. That may be helpful down the road in getting it fixed on Honda's dime instead of yours.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2007. I had my window roll up crooked once where it was about an inch off kilter at the top. And the pinch protection seems to activate about once every 2-3 weeks.

I was at the dealer for an oil change a few days ago and the service guy said he hadn't heard of anything but that he would have them lubricate the guides.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Energy Independence

The service guy is either new to servicing 2006+ Civics, or else is feeding you a line of bull. This is a VERY common problem. I didn't have my window(s) replaced, but I think they replaced "some" part, and lubricated the guides.
Be careful. If you have window-tint, AND they replace the window, they will not replace the window-tint, unless it was done at Honda. At least that's what I remember reading about with someone else on here that had it done. He was not happy about that surprise.

Have them look up TSB 06-014, identifying this issue. Here it is:

Attached Files
Old 04-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Enthusiast

OMG this JUST happened to me last nite. Anyone know how to get copies of sevice bulletins? In doing research for my window, I discovered many TSB's that apply to my car:

(1) TSB 06-014, TSB date 2007/09/07 - Front Door Glass Comes out of the Channel.- Happened to me!

(2) TSB 08-001, TSB date 2008/02/08 - Uneven or Rapid Rear Tire Wear- Might be happening, my car is quite loud, is there a way to see a list of VIN affected?

(3) TSB 08-023, TSB date 2008/05/16 - Sunvisor Comes apart or splits when moved.
Happened to me! I put it back together, but I tend to just not use my visor so as to avoid the splitting, which is a nuisance, I shouldn't have to avoid doing anything in my new car!

(4) TSB 08-051, TSB date 2008/08/06 - DVD Read error, or no route display- Dam, I haven't even tried a DVD in my car yet (I've had it almost a year, and use a Zune), I should try this.

(5) TSB 08-057, TSB date 2008/08/23 - Brake System makes short, buzzy grunt when the brake pedal is pressed- My car does this too

My car is also quite loud when on idle. Sounds like tapping (like a diesel engine), and my car vibrates quite a bit also, I can feel the vibrations throughout the car and on the steering wheel. Also, when I use the AC it is quite loud (ridiculously). I have taken my car in for these last few mentions (the NON-tsb ones) and have been dismissed as normal, or better yet, they are unable to reproduce my complaint, therefore it is all in my head. How many of these are going to be TSB's in the future..

Hey, if a TSB exists, does that mean that a "fix" exists too? I'd seriously like some of my cars little annoyances to be fixed.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

I have an '08 with 30,000 miles bought new and the driver side window has popped out twice. Honda was to have fixed it, but it keeps happening. I also have been told that there was a recall on the rear a-arms, but I have not been contacted and with only 30.000 miles the rear tires are warped and worn out and need replacing. I have a coworker that purcased the same car two weeks before me and he has the same problem with his rear tires, with the same mileage.
Has any one else had this problem?

Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

I may have been the one with the tint. Mine comes out of track, if I roll the window down completely. The service manager said they would have to replace the window per the service bulletin and would NOT replace my tint. I opted not to have it replaced. I just don't roll my window down any way, only a couple of inches for ventilation.

No worries.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Energy Independence

JD,
That's NOT a recall, it's a Technical Service Bulletin. You will NOT get any letter. Take it in and hope for the best. You should get the rear a-arms replaced.

oc_hybrid,
The DVD is only used as part of the navigation system. It does not play regular DVDs. That's illegal in many states, anyway (if the driver can see - "Safety first!"). I'm sure someone will figure out a hack (or already has) to make the unit play regular DVDs, but Alpine and Honda, by design, do not let it do so.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Driver's side window out of track

Add me to the list of those whose driver's side window popped out of its track on my '09.

Be careful when trying to align it to raise the window – it's easy to get your fingers crunched. (Don't ask me how I know.)

Ho hum. 4K miles of warranty left.

Quick Reply: Driver's side window out of track

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands