HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Does your HCHII have a "Hybrid" badge on the side?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does your HCHII have a "Hybrid" badge on the side?

I ordered mine from 1sthondaparts.com. They were a dollar more on that website, but shipping may have been cheaper for me. It's all relative to where you live and where the dealership that you're buying them from is. I think you ordered the right ones, because you have the same list price as me. Good luck installing them!

By the way, today on my way home, I a lady in an HCHI pulled up next to me. She saw the hybrid badge on the side and started checking out my car.

Yesterday, on my way home from Orange County, I saw a HCH w/o any emblems on it at all. This lady had also put her HOV access stickers on so low that they were half way under the car and were only visible from a certain angle. The first thing I noticed, was her missing emblems. I then checked the antenna to see if it was hybrid. I did not notice the HOV stickers until a while later. She should be proud to be saving the earth, not embarrassed!! What she's doing w/ her HOV stickers seems to be pretty illegal. I couldn't even notice them until i looked closely at the picture. Does anyone know if that's legal or not?

I took a pic:

(click to enlarge)
The arrows are supposed to be pointing to the HOV stickers. The left one is... the right one is pointing underneath it. Sorry!

I bet next she'll chop off that pesky antenna and paint over the mirror turn signals!

Last edited by giantquesadilla; 09-18-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: blurred lic plate
Old 09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Energy Independence

Lots of people REMOVE their badging. That's probably all that's going on here.
Also, the yellow HOV stickers stand out and are often described as "ugly", so I bet she's just trying to minimize that factor, too. I personally don't like ANY sticker on my paint.

I'd do her a favor, though, and wash out that plate number (for her privacy).

Old 09-11-2007, 11:34 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
I ordered mine from 1sthondaparts.com. They were a dollar more on that website, but shipping may have been cheaper for me.
<Grumble> I ordered my Hybrid badges last week from 1sthondaparts.com. I got the UPS package today, open it up, only to find that they sent me the Civic Nameplates, not the Hybrid Nameplates! I sent them an email through their Contact Us link so I'll hopefully hear from them tomorrow. I even sent them the link to the page with the diagram and the number of the part I originally ordered. I'm grumbling right now because I can't talk to them about it today, but hopefully they will handle this well. Crossing my fingers!

Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 AM

AJR:

I did the exact thing. That website has the two nameplates under the same name. They do not respond to their emails. (at least not to mine) You ordered part number 75722-SNA-A01 for $10.01. You needed to order part number 75723-SNC-A01 for 16.45 each. Call them up and ask for the parts department. Once connected to the parts department, ask for Scott. He is in charge of the website. Tell him what you did and he will arrange for you to ship them back and trade them in. You will have to pay a 20% restocking fee and the shipping fee. It is almost not worth it, but I did it anyways. This is assuming that you ordered the wrong part. If you did order the right part, and they just accidentally sent you the Civic plates (they probably had the ones I returned laying around and were eager to get rid of them), then they should do it for free. You probably have the exact emblems that I had. Although they don't respond to emails, Scott is really helpful on the phone.

Good Luck and let me know how it goes!

Old 09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Part Time Hybrids

hmm...I ordered 2 badges from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com the other day...I'm crossing my fingers on getting badges now

Quick question: Did they come with adhesive for the back? Or will I need a hardware store trip?

Last edited by Sungod18; 09-12-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: listed the wrong website bookmark =(
Old 09-12-2007, 12:58 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
AJR:

I did the exact thing. That website has the two nameplates under the same name. They do not respond to their emails. (at least not to mine) You ordered part number 75722-SNA-A01 for $10.01. You needed to order part number 75723-SNC-A01 for 16.45 each. Call them up and ask for the parts department. Once connected to the parts department, ask for Scott. He is in charge of the website. Tell him what you did and he will arrange for you to ship them back and trade them in. You will have to pay a 20% restocking fee and the shipping fee. It is almost not worth it, but I did it anyways. This is assuming that you ordered the wrong part. If you did order the right part, and they just accidentally sent you the Civic plates (they probably had the ones I returned laying around and were eager to get rid of them), then they should do it for free. You probably have the exact emblems that I had. Although they don't respond to emails, Scott is really helpful on the phone.

Good Luck and let me know how it goes!
Hey GQ... thanks for the tip to talk to Scott. Nice guy. I called and spoke with him. He said he already tried to call me on the number I left in the contact email I sent last night. I explained that I did click on the correct item in the parts catalog... it was #4 on the diagram and when I added them to the cart, the cart showed the correct part name (Nameplate Hybrid), however it did not show the part#. Scott said that the order showed him the part number for the Nameplate Civic so thats what he sent. He said just ship them back and they will order the correct ones today and when he gets the wrong ones back he'll ship the correct ones. No restock fee, and I'm not sure if he will refund return shipping but I'll find out. So hopefully I'll have the correct ones next week.

Quick question GQ... as SunGod18 asked, do the ones from 1sthonda come with adhesive on them? If not what did you use?

Old 09-13-2007, 07:53 AM

Yes. They came with adhesive. They are pretty easy to install if you use the templates and a level.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Suggested location of both HCH1 and 2 logo

Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast

Check out the marketplace message board. I have a couple of the hybrid badges for sale. Thanks!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Part Time Hybrids

Got my badges in today. They did come with adhesive backing. Just as stable as factory rear badge.

Name:  hybridsidelogo.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  74.3 KB

Quick Reply: Does your HCHII have a "Hybrid" badge on the side?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands