HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Does your HCHII have a "Hybrid" badge on the side?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does your HCHII have a "Hybrid" badge on the side?

I acutally take off the badges on my HCHII or any car I get. The rear of the car just has the H on there. I took off the Civic and HYBRID emblem. I don't want to advertise what I am driving.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Proud owner HCHII

Just like "exbauer" I too am a badge remover. Just the "H" remains at the rear. I like to be secretive and in my country the Civic is not based on the US model so I like to keep people guessing, besides it makes the car more secure from theft? Nicht war?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Attention anyone who has these installed:
Can you tell me the placement of these? Just how far away from the door and window they are. The dealers in my area are charging so much for these guys. I want to just buy them on the internet and install them myself, but I want to have them close to the real install location.
Thanks,
Colby

Old 08-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast

I am going to make a .pdf template to install mine - I will post this when my badges arrive - should be on the 8th according to the tracking app.
then it will take me a day or so to build them. Look for them soon. Bo

Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
hypermiler wannabe

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Attention anyone who has these installed:
Can you tell me the placement of these? Just how far away from the door and window they are....
When I placed mine, I found that between the door, the fender and the curve on the belt-line "ledge", there's really only one small area they'll go. It's not hard to find. Try placing them w/ the adhesive still covered and you'll see what I mean...

OK, I actually went in the garage and measured the placement. It's 12" (twelve inches) down from the window trim (where the black touches the paint) and 2" (2 inches) from the door seem. See pic here's a zoomed, albeit blurry, pic from my camera phone

Still Bo's template's bound to help, too.

-Good luck!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 AM
Enthusiast

Well, I have built a little template - I used tape on the back of the logos until I was satisfied with placement - but it worked pretty well for me. Click the link below to download.

http://www.jimnicklaus.com/badgetemplate.pdf

Old 08-08-2007, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by bogeigley
Well, I have built a little template - I used tape on the back of the logos until I was satisfied with placement - but it worked pretty well for me. Click the link below to download.

http://www.jimnicklaus.com/badgetemplate.pdf
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That is exactly what I needed.

By the way, I have contacted all nine of my local (some not-so-local) dealers and NONE of them have heard of putting these badges on the side. I will just do it myself- it will be cheaper and I can probably do a better job.

Thanks a lot David and Bo

Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tulip
it makes the car more secure from theft?
Are you sure about that? The CIVIC is a real theft magnet as they can be tricked out with all kinds of aftermarket goodies. The inability to trick out the Hybrid motor with aftermarket gear makes it somewhat less desirable here in Texas. I personally would like my ride to scream slow old geeser mobile stay away, and I think the Hybrid badges help in this image!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 AM

I personally would like my ride to scream slow old geeser mobile stay away, and I think the Hybrid badges help in this image!
They also help confirm the rumor that hybrids can not go over 60 mph. But it's okay, as long as we know that we can go faster, but we choose not to waste gas like everyone else.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:37 PM

By the way, the cheapest place to get these (shipping included) is www.1sthondaparts.com . That is, shipping calculated to San Diego County, CA. You can also get them at hondapartsdeals.com, slhondaparts.com, bernardiparts.com, and hondaautomotiveparts.com for slightly more money. You may want to check them all and see which is cheapest with shipping included. Just in case anyone else wanted to tell people they are being green. I just ordered mine this morning. I will post pix when I get them and find the time to install them.

Quick Reply: Does your HCHII have a "Hybrid" badge on the side?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands