HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Dealer Oil Change and bodywork

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Dealer Oil Change and bodywork

Hello guys. Long time reader first time poster here. I got my '07 Hybrid back in July and its almost about time to get the oil changed. Have you guys had any experiences with the dealership doing your oil change and how much did they charge you for it?

Also, on another note... Have any of you guys had any experiences with the dealership performing any kind of body work on your cars? I want to have some small shopping cart dings removed from my car but was wondering if I could get a ballpark estimate. Is it even wort it to do it at the dealership or should I take it to an autobody shop? My local dealer wants me to leave my car overnight just for an estimate. Thanks alot guys!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dealer Oil Change and bodywork

Depending on how big the dings are and if there is any paint damage you might be able to get Paintless Dent Removal done for a low cost.

If there isn't paint damage, I would wait until you are ready to sell your car before fixing it, even then you would want to get a ball park of how much you could sell it for with and without the dents.

Last edited by arbittan; 01-31-2008 at 04:39 AM. Reason: added n't to is
Old 01-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Part Time Hybrids

Hmm my local dealer sent me away for bodywork, they have an association with a dedicated Honda/Acura shop nearby.

Personally I think their just crooks. The shop is located alongside a dozen other car and truck shops behind rows of the same family Hoffman owned Saab/Ford/Audi/Porche/Volvo/Acura dealerships.

I swear those shops and the dealerships scam people by pointing you to the shop which uses discounted parts from across the street.

I've been to the recommended shop for a rear end ding, they offered 500 plus labor. I had it removed locally for half the price. Thieves, don't trust where your dealer sends you!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by arbittan
If there is paint damage, I would wait until you are ready to sell your car before fixing it
I beg to differ on that... if there's paint damage, I'd be touching it up as soon as I could, especially if you live in an area that uses road salt. Besides looking good, the paint job forms a protective barrier around the sheet steel, preventing rust from setting in.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Energy Independence

MOST dealers today do not do their own body/paint work. They farm it out to places like Caliber Collision Center or Service King. Usually, you can find a local paint/collision shop that'll do small stuff (well, they do big stuff too!) for you for a pretty good price.
Shop around. Get an estimate from a place like Service King (they should be the highest price you'd accept), and then try to beat it. If you find a shop that betters the price, take a look at some of their work.
And I agree with mmrmnhrm, if it's exposing metal, cover it with something soon (touch-up paint at least). It WILL rust otherwise.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
I beg to differ on that... if there's paint damage, I'd be touching it up as soon as I could, especially if you live in an area that uses road salt. Besides looking good, the paint job forms a protective barrier around the sheet steel, preventing rust from setting in.
(I forgot the "isn't" in there...) You're right, if there IS paint damage use a touchup paint to cover it.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't do dealer service. After a few times getting ripped off years ago, I take my car somewhere else . . . . . anywhere else.

I just had my second oil change done, rotated the tires, plus changed the engine air filter and cabin air filter. The total for oil, filters, and rotating the tires was $90. A dealer would have charged $200.

I bought the Mobil 1 0W-20 at Wal Mart, and had them do the oil change and tire rotation -- total cost $46. They don't sell air filters for the HCH2, so I found the engine + cabin filters on ebay. I changed them myself. It took five minutes and cost $45 (including shipping).

Don't save money on gas, only to squander it on service.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:42 PM

WOW... That is really expensive. I got a coupon from my dealer (where I bought the car) for a complete service @ $30.00

Now it is not for syn-oil (which I know cost more) but I can't believe that it cost $200.00 for an oil change, my Mercedes-Benz oil change was around low 200s and it used full syn @ 7 quarts good for 12k miles.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

55 bucks for oil change and tire rot, they also apparently washed my car

Old 01-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mine's coming up too and I would like to know what most people are paying. I got a coupon for one for $49.99 at the dealership where I bought my car. It's a little far for me to go though. Does anyone know any good dealers in the San Diego Area? Also, since its just service A1, I am thinking about getting it done at a private mechanic.

Quick Reply: Dealer Oil Change and bodywork

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands