Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Crunched!

Probably not a good idea to power wash , but some do! H

Old 04-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Enthused Enthusiast

So.. an update. I am scheduled to get the car back tomorrow. Yep, it's been 46 days.

They said they kept finding damage, and kept billing my insurance. To date, my insurance has cut almost 12k in checks to the body shop. I can only assume that they are out to make as much as possible with little regard to the customer.

A small bump to the front left - should not be almost half the vehicle cost to repair. No amount of calling would speed things up. It better be right when I pick it up!

I called several times voicing concerns that the IMA would be inactive for that long and that they need to disconnect the battery and or run the car and they just kept feeding me the lines about having all Master Mechanics working on it.. Ugh.

This is the biggest body shop in the Portland OR area, fyi.

I'll update again tomorrow, maybe post some pics too.. hope they got the paint right!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Energy Independence

Good luck, Brant!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:52 AM

Hope all works out for you. Good luck in the future with your new HCH2. Hal

Old 04-15-2009, 12:21 PM

One thing that ticks me about Honda design (and it's industry wide) is the evolution of the "bumper". Our first '81 Civic had a chromed steel bumper that stood out from the rest of the car body, had a black rubber strip around it's girth, and mounted to the frame with pneumatic cylinders. Current "bumpers" are black plastic painted to match the rest of the body. In a typical impact they're toast, and usually inflict some tear-away damage at their connections points as well.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Enthused Enthusiast

Well, I went to pick it up yesterday, and there are still issues

The hood gap is larger on one side, there's a bad paint edge on the front side panel next to the wheel, and those panels aren't right either, comparing the left and right, there's a huge difference where the panels join. Also, big, ugly scratches from the gravel ditch are still on the bottom of the car and on the back bumper. I specifically called to make sure they looked at these areas when the bumper didn't come up after the first insurance inspection, so I'm really mad about those. I took some pictures, I'll put them up later. The car does, though, drive just fine.

The guy said I could bring it back anytime, and they would loan me a vehicle while they fixed the remaining problems.

I've so had enough with this.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 AM

They should replace the damaged farrings. Not a big job and inexpensive. They normally don't pay much attention to stuff we cannot see! Hal