HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Cabin Filter Changed - Ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:38 AM
"Manalo"
Default Re: Cabin Filter Changed - Ugh!

Originally Posted by seansymons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YmGMZ728dI

Check out that link to see how to change a cabin filter in less than a minute...no screw driver or anything.

BUMP, +1, Kudos to that link!!! If I had known the glove box would bend in like that then I wouldn't have to completely remove the glove box.... DOH!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Energy Independence

That's how I did it, too!
It took me over two minutes, though. I had a lot of stuff in my glovebox

Old 05-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msantos
What would you like to know? How to remove it?

If so, the process is pretty simple.

You have to drop the glove box on the passenger side. To do so, unscrew the two screws (phillips + hex head combo) you can see these if you look under the bottom edge of the glove box. The screws are located on each end the glove box. You may also want to remove the kick panel - just grab it and gently pull it outwards (toward the passenger seat).
When you remove the glove box screws, the glove box will drop. Just hold it well when removing the screws to prevent it from falling on your head.

With the glove box removed you should be able to see a rectangular receptacle. Just grab the tab and pull it out. The whole filter assembly sould come out with the filter crattled in it. Cleaning it is not usually recommended as it does not help as much. By the time it is ready to be replaced the filter is clogged with very small particles (polen, mites, bacterial organisms, pollution particulates and other microscopic particles) that are not easily and safely disposed of. Remember the filter's role is to ensure safe and healthy breathing air in the passenger cabin so it is important to dispose of the old one instead of re-using it.
We then take the new filter and place it on the filter assembly, insert it back into the blower assembly. Mount the glove box on. Gently tighten the two screws and snap the kick panel back in.

The whole operation may take about 15 minutes maximum. Some folks will probably do it in much less time.

Cheers;

MSantos
Thank you so much. I didn't even know I had one in my Civic Hybrid. So, I can imagine what mine must look like at 5 years!!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am so glad I read this thread. The Dealer wanter $398 to change the oil, bleed the brakes, and replace the Air Filter, AND another $99 to replace the Cabin Air Filter. I knew I could do all the Oil/Air/Brakes myself but wasn't sure abou tthe Cabin Air Filter. On my Odessy it is a several hour procedure that requires cutting.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
I don't know the price for the HCH filter, but the one for the HAH is $15 and change at www.handaaccessories.com. They sell the Micron brand CAF. I've placed a couple orders through them and have been very satisfied each time.

Thanks! I bought 2 last week and it took less than 10 minutes to change. :-)

Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
LA Carpool Lane

Don't keep buying Air Filters, get a K&N instead.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:39 PM
2nd Hybrid Owner
Thumbs up Re: Cabin Filter Changed - Ugh!

Originally Posted by bar10dah
I don't know the price for the HCH filter, but the one for the HAH is $15 and change at www.handaaccessories.com. They sell the Micron brand CAF. I've placed a couple orders through them and have been very satisfied each time.
I agree that they are good to deal with - I order mine from them.
For fun say hi to Trevor - (he is their internet parts guy, if you cannot find it on their website, call then and ask for Trevor he will find it and give you a quote) I buy mine 3 at a time to save shipping costs.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cwspiess

Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cwspiess
I give up....what's a K&N????

chas

Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chkuttner
I give up....what's a K&N????
Not sure if you're just being sarcastic. So just incase you're not, K&N is a maker of replacement engine air filters. Why the poster would mention engine air filters in a cabin air filter thread is beyond me. Only thing I can think of is the poster didn't bother to read what the thread was about.

Quick Reply: Cabin Filter Changed - Ugh!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands