HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Bitter about the purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bitter about the purchase

$1500 markup and ~$1500 in add ons to my HCH2. This is So Cal. It's a much desired vehicle. If you wanted it cheaper, you could have driven out to Bakersfield. I'm shocked the markup has continued to rise. I bought mine in Nov 05.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Techno-Geek

The local dealerships (we live up the coast in Ventura Co.) just got a few in, and they've got a markup of $5000 on the models without navigation. So, I guess that's just the way it works.

Looking at the bright side, we'll have it paid off in two years, and then it really will be saving us money.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Enthusiast

I'm looking to buy a HCH, about 1K over list. In CA, only 75,000 HOV lane decals will be issued, supposedly will reach that in 2-3 months. They expire 1/08. This sticker is a big part of my decision purchase. Any word on whether or not they will work after 1/08?

Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast

I took my car in to Miller Honda, in Culver City, for a warranty repair. They had one HCH/NAV 06 in stock listed at 4995.00 over msrp. It was sold by the time I returned to pick up my car...3 hours later.

Simple supply and demand.

Last edited by soldierbot; 07-25-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

5k over msrp. That is nuts. I would have let the wife get mad.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Further proof of the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted." If you'd just started to walk away, the salesman might have lowered the price. If not, it would have been his loss (in commission), not yours.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

JaJohn-dude is spot on...

So $5k isn't worth arguing about? Is she the one paying for the car? If I was buying a woman a car it would be something like a Elantra GLS SULEV for around $14.5k.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tanstaafl14
Further proof of the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted." If you'd just started to walk away, the salesman might have lowered the price. If not, it would have been his loss (in commission), not yours.
That's a little harsh. It doesn't work that way out here. If you don't want it then there are plenty of people who will take it. It may be hard to realize that in FLA where maybe you don't have to deal with a mark up.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It's tough when your only choices are buying the car you want or buying the car your SO wants. At least you wanted this car. Not as much as she did, obviously, but I know a couple going through this right now. She wants a hybrid, he wants something else, only one car will be purchased and only one person will be happy. All I can say is- my sympathy, and make the best of it if you can. So. Enjoy the new car! Sticker price or no, it's a great car.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:57 PM
no more oil

hi

we paid 2k under msrp. It was the only hybrid highlander on the toyo lot. The reason we got away with it is because the guy we dealt with was in administration, not a floor salesman. By luck , there was no salesmen avail at the time he came down to help us.

He gets paid in volume, not on commission per sale. Since the highlander hybrid was the most expensive toyota on the lot at the time (lexus was next door) he was more than happy to get the sale.

But from what i am reading , the resale value on these things is very high, so you should keep pretty close to MSRP resale for a while.

Quick Reply: Bitter about the purchase

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands