HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Battery refurbish in process - IMAX B6

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:29 PM
crw
Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery refurbish in process - IMAX B6

I got a thunder ac 6 that I can use. I'm not sure of the process. I have used it to charge and discharge cells but don't know how to get man Milli ampre hours

Old 01-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

It doesnt tell you how much it discharges?

Old 01-11-2015, 05:39 PM
crw
Enthusiast

Yes I think so . it reads NiMH of course then the charge in volts that goes down with discharging. The time lapsed and a 5 digit meter labeled supplied capacity

Old 01-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

there we go

Old 01-11-2015, 05:46 PM
crw
Enthusiast

So that is the capacity of battery meaning how much it has in it from the given state of charge. Specifically then if I hook it up to these pairs of cells I should . . . .what charge it to ? And then read the mah capacity and what would be an acceptable number for a pair of cells? I got a lot of work to do!!! I really appreciate your help

Old 01-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...ry-pack-28610/

Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM
crw
Enthusiast

I have used your thread for all I have gotten done so far. I'm Thick As A Brick and don't know how to get the charge and discharge rate. It says charge at a rate of 20% of the rated mah? How do you get that number? There are 2 cells joined together. Each would account for half of voltage? Correct. Volts are around 15 so 7.5 apiece. You just charge them to what? And then get rated man from discharge man number. I don't want to do something boneheaded and ruin this woman's car. Don't want to over charge it. Or you don't charge it at all but just discharge to a low of what. I'm sorry I probably over thinking it.what won't top number be and bottom discharge be?

Old 01-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think you got the right item. Get the Imax b6 and read the instruction that come with it.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crw
I have used your thread for all I have gotten done so far. I'm Thick As A Brick and don't know how to get the charge and discharge rate. It says charge at a rate of 20% of the rated mah? How do you get that number? There are 2 cells joined together. Each would account for half of voltage? Correct. Volts are around 15 so 7.5 apiece. You just charge them to what? And then get rated man from discharge man number. I don't want to do something boneheaded and ruin this woman's car. Don't want to over charge it. Or you don't charge it at all but just discharge to a low of what. I'm sorry I probably over thinking it.what won't top number be and bottom discharge be?
Link your charger.

HCH2 sticks are rated for 5500mAh

IMAX B6 is very limited for this purpose. I would only purchase one if you have no other option. I should know. I have 14 of them.

Last edited by S Keith; 01-11-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:27 PM
crw
Enthusiast

This may sound dumb but what do you mean by link? I have a thunder T6x4 320w professional charger discharger balancer. Unfortunately I don't know how to set it so it doesn't screw up some cells. You said 5500 mah for Honda paired cells. How far up would you charge? To 5.5V? And how far down would you discharge these cells. Thanks Keith I appreciate your help

Quick Reply: Battery refurbish in process - IMAX B6

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands