Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Baby got broke

Glad you're alright Bob.

Good luck with the repairs.

Ian

Old 12-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

Very sad sight. The most important thing is that you made it out alive.

My HCHII was slammed into about four months after I got it. Oddly enough we have the same color and same name.

It was in the shop for well over a month. I got a Toyota Camry 2007 LE as my rental, it's a great car and all....I just never wanted a Camry or I would have bought one! I paid more for gas in the one+ month I had the Camry than I did in the four months of owning the HCHII. The repair bill (less the rental) came to $5112.72 .

Four days after I got my car back, I was involved in a hit and run. I got hit and they ran. Not a lot of damage on that one, but it still was terrible.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:09 PM

^Is your HCH black??

Old 12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
^Is your HCH black??
Magnetic Pearl, it was almost dark outside when I took those pictures though.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:55 PM

Oh. I see. I thought you had painted it or something. Sorry to hear about your car.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Get yourself a good lawyer. I had a Van/Truck run over my first Civic and to this day I still have neck and back pains....

I hope everything else is good with you and your passenger. Remember cars are replaceable, people are not

Good luck!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Enthusiast

As bad as the pictures look from my initial wreck (the worst by far, ever) I had no pain come directly from the accident at any point. As Orient Express said, it's a tiny tank. An efficient one at that.

Depending on how (well) the repair is done, you may never know the difference (except with a paint density meter). The memory will never go away, selling the car won't even aid.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

I read somewhere, that the driving mentality in the US and the rest of the world are quite different. Having seen, been in, and had loved ones in several accidents, I believe it.

In the EU they "drive" their cars. In the US we "go for a ride" in our cars. Big difference in philosophy and partly shows the ignorance in the US when it comes to this task. I've been driving about 10 years (I'm only 25...and 11/12th ) and have been involved in atleast 2 accidents. One was a small fender bender (mostly scuff marks) in my lil beast of a Geo Metro and the other totalled my Mazda Protege (I still miss that car).

That being said, the odds of being in a car accident in ones lifetime in the US is somthing like 50% I believe.

I do hope you get better soon and get your car back. I've got a bad back as well (thrown it out twice in my short life) and know how even a small "bump" can tweak it back into causing pain.

Matt

Old 12-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just a quick update, My poor car is still in the shop, still in "the metal shop" meaning it is not ready to move into "the paint shop".
I have retained an attny, my passanger and I are doing better but we are still having a lot of pain.....funny the car protected us from shedding blood but not the effects of cintrifical (sp?) force & the laws of motion.

I really love this car and really don't want to get rid of it, I probably could not afford to even if I wanted to. I expect the body shop will do a good job as it is the only Honda certified shop in the area and is using all new Honda oem parts.
I will probably take it to another Honda dealer to check it out but, like I said, they are being very through, even checked out the battery pack to insure it was working properly & undamaged.

You are right, the rim was bent, in fact both rear rims & tires as well as the axle & all the suspension are being replaced.

I am still having some "issues" slid on a small ice patch the other day and had a full panic attack, I think the fact that someone without any regard at all for me, my passanger or car, having no insurance and giving the police a non existant address is taking a toll on me. To think someone could cause me this much havoc and pain all while not giving one thought to what they have done makes me sick.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:21 AM

I'm sorry. I hope everything works out for you guys.

Quick Reply: Baby got broke

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands