HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Auto Stop issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Stop issue

How Much would a repair like this cost? My 2006 civic does the exact same thing. I bough it from a private dealer so warranty is out of the question. Auto stop does not work. Or atleast I've never seen it engaged. The rough idle is so annoying.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Take it into a Honda Dealer for a estimate. My 2006 runs as smooth as silk. H

Old 05-14-2010, 03:42 PM
2nd Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by Mauricio187
How Much would a repair like this cost? My 2006 civic does the exact same thing. I bough it from a private dealer so warranty is out of the question. Auto stop does not work. Or atleast I've never seen it engaged. The rough idle is so annoying.
The AC/heat has to be on auto or it does not work.

Sometime the brake switch is not adjusted right and does not send the stay stopped signal.

Maybe there is another Civic Hybrid owner near you that can compare your vehicle with his and critique your driving.

I meet a lady who said she got terrible gas mileage in her 2008 HCH II and I discovered she had no idea on how to work a hybrid. I did a 10 mile loop with her and got 45 MPG - she did the same loop and got 33 MPG then I showed here why she was not getting the same as me. She slowed down almost stopped and then let off the brake to move 2 feet - she got no auto stop. She also raced to keep up with the car in front of her. I saw the light was yellow 1/2 block away and started to coast - she raced to the light.

After she got my coaching she made the loop in 40 MPG and I was told by the service writer that she had her first 44 MPG tank.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

We recently purchase a '04 Civic Hybrid automatic. The auto stop was working fine for the first few days after we bought the car. Then for no reason it quit working. To test the fuel mileage difference on a trip into town I shut off the engine at stoplights and restarted in neutral when they turned green. After several stops and restarts we went into a store and when we started on our way home the auto idle stop function magically has fixed itself. Can the manually turning the car off at lights several times have reset something?

Airflow was set to chest, fan was off, econ on but not lit because fan was off, AC was off, rear defrost was off.

Zak

Old 11-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast

Sounds a lot like the idle air control valve - hybrid or not. The valve controls the idle air flow and they wear out. They are not terribly expensive.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

The AC/heat has to be on auto or it does not work.
According to my owners manual, the only effect the ATC system has on the auto-stop is if it is in defrost. If defrost is selected, the auto-stop will not work. Any other setting and the ATC has no effect on the auto-stop.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Enthusiast

2004 Civic Hybrid Automatic

My auto stop has an issue, and I have gone thru the list and am clueless.

When fan is OFF, works perfect.

When A/C is on and in Econ mode, (not on defroster/etc) it NEVER auto stops. It used to, but it has stopped doing so.

All the conditions for the auto stop have been met. Any ideas how to trouble shoot this? Nothing in Honda repair manual that I can see.