HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Auto stop & fall temps

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto stop & fall temps

install a electric block heater plug it in at night or put in on a timer to coincicde with your travels. and your auto start may be ready to go the moment you drive, Your elelctirc bill may rise though

Old 11-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Than you, Chuck. H

Old 11-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It's that time of year for sure. In summer, the autostop usually kicks in after 1/2 mile. Now it takes a mile or two, depending on traffic.

Just wait till it really gets cold. A couple of years ago it was in the upper 20s and the autostop on my HCH1 simply wouldn't engage at all, even with the engine at operating temp.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:36 PM

I have been struggling to keep it at 42mpg, drives me crazy to have the car sitting at a stoplight running with the mpg gauge going down down down.....I did the foam tube thing this afternoon, hope it helps. Sent the dealer a e mail Wed. asking how much a block heater would cost installed, they have not responded....I am not mechanical & no way would I attempt it, maybe I will write another dealer, apparently Honda Of Spokane (where I bought it) does not value me enough as a customer to answer my e mail (it is Sunday).

Old 11-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Bob, I'm using the foam insulation bars and my car is going to AS after about 2 miles. You should notice a improvement . The block heater will make a big differance. Go in and talk to the service guys, they may have to order a BH in for you. Do many people even use BH in your area? H

Old 11-18-2007, 04:28 PM

I don't know, I have one in my truck (poor thing never gets driven anymore) it gets into the single digits here regularly, sometimes into the
minuses so, one would not think a block heater would be that odd.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:47 PM

Single digits do not warrant a BH for starting a auto, 25-30 below yes. But for AS and better FE we do require it, and they do a good job. Hope you can find one? Its getting cooler tonight. H

Old 11-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm a bit late to this party ... but I've noticed that AS works just fine for me in temperatures as low as -4 Celcius (as indicated by the car ... the radio said -6). Ofcourse it takes a bit longer than in summer time to get AS to activate the first time.

It was 1 Celcius today and we had our first snow and AS was working fine.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:54 AM

V, I am sure you have a BH! Have you tried blocking the gril.H

Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes I do have a block heater... I plug it in for an hour or two before my drive ... if i remember to

Quick Reply: Auto stop & fall temps

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands