HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Auto-Stop decision criteria?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto-Stop decision criteria?

Boy, it took awhile to solve that one. Hopefully this is not a common problem. Any indication why these modules failed?

Old 10-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: This weeks episode in my Auto-Stop saga

Originally Posted by Orient Express
The only thing that I don't understand is why the tech did not first do a dump of all of the module fault memories. It appears that initially he only looked at the engine and transmission fault memories. There are fewer than 20 modules, and HVAC is certainly a important part of the IMA system. If that one had been dumped last week, this whole episode might have only taken 2 days instead of 7 days.
Glad they got it. These HVAC codes, are they collected from the same connection that we read the other codes (with an OBD-II reader)? If so, that's very odd that they wouldn't just read them all as standard practice.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
For my daughter

Hi, I will add a few words.

-AS will re-engage even if the 6mph is not reached. I have experienced that many time

-The 6mph is the limit where you can pass from ICE to IMA pulling. When you run on IMA only, it is easier to engage AS. For me, the interest to go higher than 6mph is to be able to switch from ICE to IMA and to coast the ICE off.

- MSantos:"The usual high drain devices are inactive (defroster, belt driven AC scroll compressor, etc)". I will from time to time close the defroster just the time the AS engage then restart it on AS. My wife tells me i'am crasy but it's work.

-About the restart iof the ICE because of the unappropriate use of the breaks, I had the same problem during the first 2 months I had the car . Frankly, I dont remember the last time it appended. Many time when arriving to 7mph, I just put the feet on the break pedal to engage the AS and coast a couple of feets like this.

-Orient Express:"when I come to a stop, the RPMs drop below 500 then they pop back up to 900". I have seen the same behavior and it is very frustrating. However, now it is automatic, I quickly go to N and shut down the ICE. If "it changes its mind", me, I do not. When I know the creterias are not met, I will do it without waiting to see that the car will do.

Pierre M.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Pierre:

Just for fun, you should see if you can see if your HVAC module has any fault codes stored. You may have the same problem as I did. This is a subtle problem, and is easy not to notice.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:14 PM
For my daughter

Originally Posted by Orient Express
... see if your HVAC module has any fault codes stored....
I dont really like looks stupid but I will have to. That means HVAC and how can I see the code.

PierreM

Old 10-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Pierre:

You must go to your Honda Service Center, and have them check your car's systems for the HVAC fault codes. This is not something you can do unless you have the proper diagnostic software.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

WOW- this is some great info to keep in mind. I will definately remember to ask the techs to look at all faults reported as I can see how they could miss this during their regular routine. We almost need a forum for items like this where there is a problem and a definate fix as described above.