HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Anyone successfully upkept their IMA battery after replacing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone successfully upkept their IMA battery after replacing?

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in upkeeping a new or refurbished battery. It's been 2 years since owning my 06 hybrid (90k miles) with a terrible IMA battery. I've been able to use the car every so often just by grid charging it on the weekends and using it on the weekdays. Gas mileage is awesome, always getting 30-40 mpg. I've been contemplating getting a newly refurbished battery by bumblebee batteries and extending the life of the car OR simply ditching the car and getting an all gas car with comparable mpg

My gf will be delivering food for her new job and needs a car to use. The mpg for this car would be perfect rather than using our SUV which barely gets 20 mpg.

Besides having a grid charger on hand, I installed a switch to ground the IPU fan and run it on full blast when the car is running. I do plan to add more cooling mods such as additional fans and maybe routing the AC duct directly to the battery.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone successfully upkept their IMA battery after replacing?

I personally know the owner of Bumblebee. I have toured their shop. He and I share process information. They would be my first choice if I were to buy a refurb.