HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Anyone had their car spat on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Banned
Default Re: Anyone had their car spat on?

Someone about a month ago had an article suggesting dialing your license plate number would reach your cell phone. I like the idea, but the response would not be instant...I can see road rage, followed by harassing phone calls.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:10 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Talking Re: Anyone had their car spat on?

It's sad that in our hustle & bustle society - people are always racing to get somewhere. When I was younger, I had the "pipe dream" of retiring at around 50 to a small island and live a life of leisure. I now see it could be seen as impractical (hospitals, boredom, few friends, etc). What I find interesting, is that in my rural upstate NY area - many people will zoom up on me from behind. I generally try to move onto the shoulder to let them by. BUT, I have many more people slow down and stay well behind me than who are in any way showing disrespect or impatience. Yes, many will pass me ASAP which is fine. I guess I'm one lucky hybrid driver plus many of the roads that I hypermile on are secondary roads with several 45, 40, and 35, 30 MPH speed zones. I have found thay my car seems to like 25 - 40 MPH better than 40 - 55 MPH. My best trip recently was 91.5 MPG on a 42 mile trip. This car is incredible when you can be patient and go slow. The DWL in particular works very well.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by Donald
My best trip recently was 91.5 MPG on a 42 mile trip. This car is incredible when you can be patient and go slow. The DWL in particular works very well.
That's just INSANE, Don

Old 05-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Donald
It's sad that in our hustle & bustle society - people are always racing to get somewhere. When I was younger, I had the "pipe dream" of retiring at around 50 to a small island and live a life of leisure. I now see it could be seen as impractical (hospitals, boredom, few friends, etc). What I find interesting, is that in my rural upstate NY area - many people will zoom up on me from behind. I generally try to move onto the shoulder to let them by. BUT, I have many more people slow down and stay well behind me than who are in any way showing disrespect or impatience. Yes, many will pass me ASAP which is fine. I guess I'm one lucky hybrid driver plus many of the roads that I hypermile on are secondary roads with several 45, 40, and 35, 30 MPH speed zones. I have found thay my car seems to like 25 - 40 MPH better than 40 - 55 MPH. My best trip recently was 91.5 MPG on a 42 mile trip. This car is incredible when you can be patient and go slow. The DWL in particular works very well.
Awesome!

That is Insightesque performance!

Old 05-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dan
Great idea... Post a Wall of Shame at GH with license plates of all the morons. In Texas you can (for 19.99) get the name and address from a plate. Could have a google maps mashup of the morons.

Lets get a paypal button "Donate $20 to get this moron on the moron map".

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070601953.html

This reminds me of a news story I saw once about a conservative church group that was camping outside a local **** shop taking pictures of everyone entering and leaving, then they posted all the pics on a web site in hopes of either humiliating the patrons or discouraging them from entering. The shop owner was suing to get it stopped, but the court ruled that pictures taken from public property can be used however the photographer pleased. Something like that.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:48 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

found a big loogie on my trunk yesterday. jealous bastids.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe you had a vote hillary sticker on your trunk (and your hybrid was an innocent victim)?

Old 05-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by livvie
Maybe you had a vote hillary sticker on your trunk (and your hybrid was an innocent victim)?
I think that is the more likely case!

Old 05-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Enthusiast

Savages.......

I will say however I never realized how stupid it is to drive so fast until I got the civic. I now recognize every idiot who mashes the gas pedal to get to the next red light and come cruising right up next to them just as the light turns from red to green.....drive at your own pace, and hopefully that jerk doesn't get lip cancer.