HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Another new member

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Another new member

Rain-X works fine on my HCH while driving down the road and am lucky enough to have a garage at both home & work to park in to keep anything from building up on the rear window. After all the comments about Rejex I will be trying that in the near future, but really don't see any reason for another piece of equipment on the back of this car.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:26 AM
New to the Hybrid
Default Re: Another new member

I too just purchased a 2008 HCHII and am still in lust with it. I have owned it for less than 2 days and already put 150 miles on it. Breaking it in, driving it from Sacramento to San Francisco it was a dream. I threw on cruise and just let it do the driving, averaging about 38mpg for this first tank but Im not worried. Very happy with my new toy.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Another new (happy) member

I'm also a proud new 2008 HCH II owner (with everything extra-wise), having taken delivery 4/27/08 from Honda of Thousand Oaks here in SoCal! My lifelong friend is a salesperson there & gave me a great deal, trading in an fine 03 Infiniti G35 Coupe. (Great Honda dealership, great people, great service!) Liked and tried the Pruis, but didn't have a much leg room.

I've slowed way down and figured out how to drive the car thru info from this site, etc. I'm at 48.7 mpg overall having just filled up for the second time! (First "free tank" ranged out to 521 miles with one square remaining on the fuel gauge! I'm 6'4" and am very comfortable driving 58 miles round trip commute from Valencia to the Los Feliz area of LA M-F. My BP has dropped significantly as I stay at around 60 miles per hour on the I-5 freeway...that is when I can! Simply coasting on all downhills and braking earlier & gently seems to work so far. (I see a lot of green bars!) I'll check back in with road results upon my LA to Phoenix back to LA drive later this month.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase & having a great time with the car! It's a total 360 coming off the Infiniti. Times change, minds change, and life changes for the better!