HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

20psi gggrrr.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: 20psi gggrrr.....

Sure.

But only when the temps climb a little... This is not California you know.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msantos
Anyway, the only thing you need to do it get your tire shop to remove the tires from the rims, install the strap sensors on the rims, put the tires back on the rims and then balance all four tires. Overall the total cost will definitely be under $150.
So consider me as someone who is wiring-challenged.

Would the tire shop be able complete the job (wiring in the console) or is this something I can ask my dealer to do?

Old 02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Because you have to tap into the existing harnesses, it would make sense to ask the dealership to do it. However, they may be also hesitant to do it because Honda has not approved/validated the TPMS device nor the method of attachment let alone any possible effects it may have on the warrantied systems in the car.

I would suggest you ask video/audio shop for a quote, guaranties and assurances. These shops are usually very industrious and are thus able to do a professional job that can widthstand scrutiny when you go back to Honda for warranty fulfillment, repairs or maintenance.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 02-22-2007, 08:24 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

ok, it arrived today. any idea what the "tpms film pe" is for?
also, i'm considering installing the sensors on the wheels by myself. do you think there is enough flexibility in the tires to be able do it w/o removing the tire from the wheel?
finally, the only place i can see the readout fitting is in the larger storage box just forward of the shifter.
come on manitoba, warm up!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by 06hch2
ok, it arrived today. any idea what the "tpms film pe" is for?
also, i'm considering installing the sensors on the wheels by myself. do you think there is enough flexibility in the tires to be able do it w/o removing the tire from the wheel?
finally, the only place i can see the readout fitting is in the larger storage box just forward of the shifter.
come on manitoba, warm up!
I believe it is for extending the windshield's shaded area at the top in case you stick the unit to the windshield with the two adhesive pads.

I think the tires are not that flexible. The only way to get it done well is to remove the tires from the wheels. This way it gives you a chance to mount each sensor properly and securely.

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited by msantos; 02-22-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

yep, i tried to install the sensors tonight w/o removing the tire from the rim. can't be done. off to tire shop tomorrow, and then all i'll need to get this kit up and running is info on which wires to splice, and how to run the cord from the unit, through the storage area and up to the wires. can anyone link me to instructions on how to get under the storage area that is just forward of the shifter?

Old 02-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

You know the storage compartment behind the shifter? Well, if you look carefully, there's a little door that you can dislodge and remove with a flat screwdriver. If you do it carefully you wont scratch it and the surrounding surfaces.

Now, what I did was drill a small hole in it while removed; passed the wire through it and then I fed the wire into the dash opening in the direction of the driver's footwell. You'll notice there's not alot a room for the wire to make it easily, so it helps if you use a stiffer short wire to gently force a path through then snake the wire after it.

Anyhow, it would also help to remove the lower dash trim in the driver's footwell. get under there, look up with a flash light towards the center console just to help "fish" the wire.

Once you grab the wire (whith these manoevers and good lighting it should be very easy) then neatly strap it around a solid harness and locate the nearest ground point.
The black wire attaches to this ground point. Then route the the remaining wires to the fuse box. At this point do not cut the wires, instead just roll them up for now, becuase depending on the circumstances and the strenght of the signal from the wheels, you may need the extra wire to help you relocate the monitoring console to a better position...

I'll try to go to the garage to look up the right "fuse" connections for the remaining 2 wires.

One thing I advise is to make it a "neat" looking job under the dash. Because if you take it to service and they ever need to look under there you definitely do not want to get in trouble with your warranty for a sloppy job.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 02-25-2007, 12:53 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

do you mean the bigger storage "box" directly forward of the shifter?
sensors installed yesterday. can't wait to get this baby up and running.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by 06hch2
do you mean the bigger storage "box" directly forward of the shifter?
sensors installed yesterday. can't wait to get this baby up and running.
Hi Matt;

Sorry for the delay in getting the information on what fuses to tap for your TMPS installation. The temperatures haven't really risen that much but I figured I should take some time and do it anyway.

Anyhow here's my connect points:

Black TPMS wire is connected to a ground point under the dash (there's one just behind the fuse box, closer to the firewall. just unbolt the factory bolt and then tighten it back with the black wire in stack.

Red TPMS wire can connect to fuse 25.

Orange TPMS wire can connect to the left most pin on socket #8 as shown in the picture.

Hope this helps and good luck with your setup. At some point I'll post a few pictures that had taken back then ... but I need to add a few more just to make it complete.

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited by msantos; 03-17-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:31 AM
F**k ExxonMobil
Thumbs up Re: 20psi gggrrr.....

thank you very much, msantos. tonight, i drilled the hole in the storage box and ran the wires under the dash. tomorrow, i'll do the electrical and post pix. thanks again.

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands