HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2009 HCH II My new iPhone works like my iPod

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2009 HCH II My new iPhone works like my iPod

Plugged my new iPhone into the USB and it did worked just like my iPod through the Nav system.

And also when it was NOT synced with bluetooth it still faded the music when on a call!! And when synced with the bluetooth I don't even have to touch the phone except to dial out.

To the best of my knowledge the iPhone was not on the list of Apple products that would sync with the car but mine did!! Woohoo!!

Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 HCH II My new iPhone works like my iPod

I'm an idiot... checked the online manual and yes it DOES list the iPhone as being able to sync with the car thru the USB and Nav system.

But it does work well!!

Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Interfacing with the nav and iPhone 3G was one of the things I checked when test driving at the dealership, and for the most part it's great. My two main gripes are that navigating the iPod menu on the nav screen is a little slow, and the Bluetooth HFL system doesn't display caller ID.

Did you know that you can set up the HFL system with up to 50 phone numbers to dial by voice? Once you do this, you can press the talk button on the steering wheel, say "call <Name>", the system will confirm, and then it will tell your phone to dial the number. Using HFL's voice dialing would eliminate the need to touch the phone at all. You can also say commands like "dial 520-555-2689", "redial", "mute", etc.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I too wish the phone info and ID would display on the nav screen!!

I have programed some of my family's phone numbers in the nav info and used some but the voice feature doesn't work so well for me... I guess is doesn't know Oklahoma Redneck, I end up changing the a/c temp or something!! haha

Old 12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

You probably already know this, but keep in mind there are two sets of buttons on the steering wheel- one for the navigation system and one for the bluetooth phone system. If you try to give a dial command after hitting the navigation's talk button, that would probably have caused the A/C temp to change =D.

One of the strange/confusing things regarding the phonebook is that both the navi system and the bluetooth system have their own completely independent phonebooks. The navi phonebook is accessed via the "info" button to the right of the screen, and the bluetooth system phonebook is accessed via pressing the bluetooth "talk" button and saying "phonebook" (I think). You must enter numbers into the bluetooth system's phonebook for voice dialing to work.