HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2007 HCH II - MAJOR MELTDOWN ALREADY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 HCH II - MAJOR MELTDOWN ALREADY!

If you're going for vinegar, you may want to mention that you are also mention in a letter to their corporate office that you are talking about this on GreenHybrid.com . Maybe that will get their attention?

Old 11-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Enthusiast

Here is a link to all my dealings with Honda and the issues I had with my first HCHII.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/2006-civic-hybrid-problems-already.5556.html?page=6&pp=10

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/2006-civic-hybrid-problems-already.5556.html?page=2&pp=10

I would recommend taking good notes and calling the 800 number to get a case number. Hope your experience with Honda will be better than mine.

I am not very impressed with the quality of this car after seeing all the issues people are having with it: window problems, radio reception, rattles, etc. that has been posted on this forum.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:37 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by medicmike
The only thing is be sure you have some kind of roadside assistance through a warranty, insurance, etc. b/c Honda offers none witht heir standard 3/36 warranty.
Remember to check all the papers your dealer included when you bought the car as well. While Honda corporate doesn't include roadside assistance, it's not uncommon for dealers to put in a one-year membership to a car club as a "dealer-added value." Even if they don't, there's always AAA/CAA, which I've been a member of ever since I got my license

Old 11-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

I am beginning to wonder if this is not a Toyota person trying to spoof us. If this is real, then, she is not in real world. You dont just go in with a problem and walk out with a new vehicle. I, too, think that , again, if this is true, the person will never be happy with the car given her posts on here so far.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

No, Amanda is not a Toyota person (at least I hope not).

It so happens that she had posted her problem first on the Hybridcars.com forum and I replied to her post with an invitation to re-post her issue in this forum.

Folks, I think we may have found another proverbial statistic among HCH-2 owners. We're bound to encounter these with any product anyway - particularly in something as complex as our vehicles are.

I sure hope, she can emerge victorious in her porsuit of a working car and I would encourage everyone to be nice and supportive. I am sure we would appreciate that if we found ourselves in a similar situation. As most of us will agree, it is an awesome car and we only hope she has the opportunity to experience the same.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 11-10-2006, 10:07 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

^agreed. i am tempted to say so much more, but instead, i'll follow your lead on the high road.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:09 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

so what happened? does Demanda not like us anymore?

Old 11-23-2006, 10:53 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default Repaired it will be as good as all the rest.

Amanda,
Yes, it sure is annoying to put out $25000 and to end up with a POS that you can't drive. However on the plus side, Honda is well know for producing very reliable vehicles, and the HCH2 is generally a typical Honda according to CR.
This isn't like the bad old days when you would buy a car from the Big 3, and over the course of a year you would end up replacing the trans, differential,AC etc.No one makes real "lemons" anymore. Bt "Lemon" I mean a car that was assembled with marginal parts with high failure rates. All the major manu get parts with high inherent reliability.Occasionally, something slips thru the cracks(like brakes on full sized trucks, or differentials on Titans-early Honda 5 speed auto trans) and that vehicle developes a rep for repeatedly eating that part.The HCH2 isn't one of those with chronic failure of a certain part.
Your problem-the shuddering and check engine lights-are almost certainly do to one specific failure.Maybe it is the battery pack, maybe the systems that control the switching on and off of the gasoline engine-.Whatever it is, Honda will replace it, and the vehicle will be as reliable as the rest of the HCH2s on this forum.
You are right, Honda fans tend to be real fanatics.They don't like to hear anything bad about Honda.I don't own a HCH2-Prius- but I currently own a Pilot, and have owned lots of Honda cars, and motorcycles. They have been winners-just as good as my Toyotas.However even the Honda fans here wouldn't minimize any problems with their Hondas. Folks here tend to be "lintpickers", and are quick to whine about every little rattle ,squeek,tiny paint defect etc.Honda folks are such fanatics because the Hondas they have owned have been VERY GOOD.
Once the defective part is identified and replaced, the car will be fine.Cars are literally an assemble of systems frequently made by different manufacturers. A defect in one system has no bearing on the likelihood of another system being flawed.
If you can get an entirely new car-great. If you don't, don't worry about the car itself being a Lemon.Full on Lemons with multiple failures in multiple systems are EXTREMELY RARE for Honda.
Your situation is annoying($25000 is a lot of $ for something that doesn't work), but the car will be made very reliable.Check CRs reports. The new Civic has waaaay above average reliability-the highest rating CR gives-a full red dot.
Luck,
Charlie

PS It is inferior to the Prius in respect to mpg ,cargo capacity, acceleration, and ease of getting in and out, but it is an excellent car( 2nd best, but excellent).
PPS Amanda, I added this just to tweak the Honda owners! I just can't resist because they are sooo touchy on the Prius HCH ll mpg issue.

Last edited by phoebeisis; 11-23-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Repaired it will be as good as all the rest.

Originally Posted by phoebeisis
PPS Amanda, I added this just to tweak the Honda owners! I just can't resist because they are sooo touchy on the Prius HCH ll mpg issue.
Yes Charlie. Do rub it in.

Fortunately we have a few on the Prius too... but we'll leave that for yet another day and another thread.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 11-23-2006, 07:53 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

ya, like the fugly factor. 1 mpg more, per our database. whuppey freakin doo.
me thinks honda repaired the problem, but demanda doesn't have the stones to come back here and admit it.

Last edited by 06hch2; 11-23-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 2007 HCH II - MAJOR MELTDOWN ALREADY!

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands