HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Red battery light flashes

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast
Question Red battery light flashes

Hi-
Just curious if this has happened to anyone else with a HCH I. It seems to happen when I'm downshifting. The red battery light flashes. It doesn't stay lit, not does this happen all the time or even that often. Thoughts? I told the dealer when I took it in for an oil change and he have me some BS answer like, there are lots of things it does, it's electric....or some such nonsense.
Thanks,
Laurel

Old 05-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Red battery light flashes

That always happens to me

Old 05-27-2007, 06:11 AM
The New Guy

Does not happen to me.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: Red battery light flashes

Originally Posted by TheBundo
That always happens to me
So in one post (which by the way I can't figure out how to delete, which is why there are two) you said it always happens to you and in another one you said it never happens to you? Which one is it?? Thanks!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LaurelGrae
So in one post (which by the way I can't figure out how to delete, which is why there are two) you said it always happens to you and in another one you said it never happens to you? Which one is it?? Thanks!!!
Too many beers that night. Warped sense of humor when I saw the double post. Never happens to me. Sorry

Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

I used to have my battery light and/or check engine light turn on when downshifting. The engine stalled itself out when dropping from high rpm to low (idle) and hitting the brakes at a certain time would cause the car's brain to think "I'm slowing to a stop at a light". This happened even at highway speeds. All I had to do was realize how I was causing it. I have rarely experienced it again by giving the engine a second to un-stall before applying brakes.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks. Yeah it doesn't happen very often but I figured it was something I was doing but didn't know if I needed to get something checked out. Good to hear it happens to other folks though.