HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

New wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:51 AM
aha
Active Enthusiast
Default New wheels

Well, not new - they are used GSR blades with new Falken tires. The rims suffer from road rash so they look best only from distance. I also installed the hella horn but they don't sound very loud perhaps I did not mount them correctly. Mileage is dropped about 2-3MPG but the ride is much better with these 15", perhaps because they are new. I'm holding my HFP Fit rims for now but wife doesn't like the idea that I have 2 set of wheels so one of them will have to go eventually.

Last edited by aha; 09-23-2007 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Image
Old 09-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New wheels

It is a good idea to have a extra set of rims if you require snow tires during the winter mths. But you may be one of the lucky ones that don't have freezing weather

Old 09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
aha
Active Enthusiast

I used to live in midwest and winter back then was so harsh. But, I enjoyed the winter more after I bought my Galant VR-4 .

Old 09-24-2007, 05:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

they look good. those were one of my favorite oem wheels acura made. do you have a pic of the hfp 16" on your car?

it also looks like you lowered it. what kind of set up do you have on there? when I had a '01 i had the koni adjustables with neuspeed springs.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:58 AM
aha
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I have Eibach Sportline 1" drop with stock suspension. I have been trying to buy shocks for it, Eibach Pro-Dampers would be my favorite (KONI - too expensive, I don't need adjustables), TOKICO (too stiff for an old guy like me) or even KYB, none of them has shocks/struts specifically for HCH 1.

Can anyone confirm if regular 01-05 Civic shocks/struts are exactly the same as the hybrid ?

Btw, my 16" fit rims are brand new, never installed but here's the pic I found from another website on 2000 Civic:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...ostid=21442675

Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 AM

I'm not sure the shocks and struts are directly replacable. The HCH has more weight in the back so it might require a different setup (stiffer springs/shocks) or whatever. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com has a different part number for the lx and the hybrid.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:04 AM
aha
Active Enthusiast

Forgot to thank you for your input, Tom. I think I will have to go for KONI eventually - it seems to be the only one available for HCH1 but 30K miles after I lowered my car and the original shocks are still holding up fine.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 PM
aha
Active Enthusiast

Well, I let go my GSR blades to my friend. Although the ride was much better/smoother, I wanted back the oversteering, screeching tires while getting 48MPG+ with the stock wheels/tires.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!

How is the handling with the sportlines on the HCHI?

its a 1.7 drop btw.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 PM
aha
Active Enthusiast

Handling has improved and stock shocks are still fine (30K+) but I'm longing for some new shocks, I miss the full eibach setup I used to have in my previous car.
But again...I'm thinking of buying a new car (decisions...decisions...)

Quick Reply: New wheels

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands