HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

New Hybrid owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Hybrid owner

I recently purchased a 2003 civic hybrid and im hooked. I have been doing a lot of reading on the tires and would like some input from people with similar year models as to what tires you use. Unfortuantely i am in Portland and there is quite a bit of rain so wet traction is a priority. I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Think green.
Default Re: New Hybrid owner

I've been using Nokian i3's in the warmer months, and Nokian Hakkapellitas during the winter (live in the Northeast).

Old 11-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Enthusiast

My 2003 HCH, which I bought used, came with new Goodyear Regata2's on it. They are good for all season. When buying tires, get the ones that have the least rolling resistance as they will be better on gas. You also have to figure in the conditions where you live as the best fuel saving tires may not be the best in snow/rain.

And yes we get slush all over Ohio.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Try Goodyear Insurance Fuel Max. They are LRR and come at a good price. Good all season tire as well an quiet. H

Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Enthusiast

I definately need something that has wet grip plus LRR, portland we get rain more than 50% of the year and during the winter it turns to snow and slush a lot, add mountains and its mandatory that i have good all around tires.

ive narrowed the list down to these 3:
Harmony
Hydro Edge with Green x
Assurance Comfortread

Anyone with any experience with these tires, i understand that with the Hydroedge its going to take the most severe hit to mpg. Im leaning towards the harmonys has anybody ever used them before?? Mileage of a tire means nothing if it cant stay on the road in rain or slides in snow, its very difficult to find the "perfect tire" that is the balance of economy and safety in mountainous rainy/snowy conditions thats an all season. I drive cross country a lot so having 2 sets of tires is pointless except for personal home use because snow tires do little when i have to drive to las vegas or the florida panhandle

Old 11-15-2010, 04:34 PM

I have used Hydro Edge. Very good tire. but expensive. Harmony Fuel Savers are good as well, but expensive. I prefer the assurance fuel max. About $50 less per tire and guaranteed for 60,000 miles. Press them to 44 lbs ft. and 40 aft. H

Old 11-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
I have used Hydro Edge. Very good tire. but expensive. Harmony Fuel Savers are good as well, but expensive. I prefer the assurance fuel max. About $50 less per tire and guaranteed for 60,000 miles. Press them to 44 lbs ft. and 40 aft. H
what was your experience with the Hydro Edges?? Mind giving me some info on what type of environment they were used in, mileage, and why you chose to switch? rainy seasons hitting us now and the snow will be here in a week so new tires are on the menue for next monday, cost means little if i cant get up a hill or transverse the crazy oregon weather with comfort.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 PM

Actually I had the Hydro Edge on my Honda CR-V. They where good all season tires.Good on ice and snow. A bit on the noise side. They would be a excellent tire for your car. H

Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 PM

Oh , just make sure it has the snow-flake stamped on it. H

Old 11-25-2010, 05:46 AM

My last two sets of tires for my '03 HCH have been Dunlop SP20 FE's. They have gotten me through some pretty deep snow and they are great in wet weather.

The price is right too. $55 each from tirerack.com for a total of $261.56 with shipping included.

Last edited by mrkcohen; 11-25-2010 at 06:17 AM.

Quick Reply: New Hybrid owner

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands