HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Civic Hybrid Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Civic Hybrid Manual Transmission

I got the new tranny bearings and clutch. Big improvement, very smooth and quiet now.

However, after two weeks of smooth sailing the IMA and check engine lights both came on . . .

Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 AM
The New Guy

Originally Posted by lifespeed
I have noise in 1st and 2nd gear. I'm going to get a new clutch and have all the bearings in the tranny changed for $1500. Not cheap, but neither is a new car. 2003 with all the updates and 91K miles. IMA battery still seems OK.
Hmm, I dropped off my 04 HCH MT (130K miles) yesterday at the dealer for service and they just told me the same thing "clutch needs to be replaced and 1st gear bearings should be replaced". He gave the the "worst case all the bearings need to be replaced" + clutch replacement at $1618. Sounds pretty close to your price so I guess it is reasonable. :::gulp:::

I guess rolling 130K on the first clutch is okay as well?

Edited to add: he called yesterday afternoon and listed 5 bearings in need of replacement, but brought the estimate down to right around $1500.

Last edited by LlamaLarry; 03-12-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast

I'm getting a small "clunk" as I release the clutch in first gear. Honda says it may be a throwout bearing, but it doesn't sound like it from what I'm reading here. My first thought was an engine mount bushing (or other bushing). Any clues??