HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Can't keep alignment

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Can't keep alignment

I have never had an alignment yet. 109,000 miles and still tracks straighter then ever. Replaced the tires at 96,000 miles and the front brakes at the same time.

Of course, as soon as I post this, the wife will probably go shopping and, as usual, park by the "touch" method and I'll be on my way to the alignment shop.

Howard

Old 12-18-2006, 10:14 AM
World's First Hybrid

Here's a copy of an original post by Schmitdj on the subject with attached pdf tech bulletin from toyota. It's probably similar in the honda tech bulletin.

Re: How long is the original alignment under warranty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohort
How long is the original alignment under warranty?

Mine seems to pull to the right @ 3,000 miles

If it's the problem described by the attached TSB it's 12 mos or 20K miles.

Edit: corrected mileage
Attached Files335.pdf (89.9 KB, 48

Old 12-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Energy Independence

Zimbop,
Don't base your car's history ENTIRELY on Carfax. If the car WAS in a fender-bender, and not reported to insurance (just taken to a shop for the repair), it may not have been reported to Carfax's sources. This occurred on two vehicles I have owned over the years. A good mechanic or paint/repair shop can usually tell if repair work has been done, if they look carefully.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim
I've had mine aligned 3 times - about every 15K it seems. Seems unusual - more than other cars I've owned. I really can't explain why or by how much. I pretty much just have it done. Once a year isn't too painfull a pill to swallow.
My experience exactly, but I'm afraid with the miles I put on it's more like three times a year.

I did notice the right front tire was low the other day and filled it up, but I haven't driven on it so perhaps it was a pressure issue this time. I was also frustrated that, yet again, the service folks ignored my note on the service order, and the sticker on the windshield right where they put the oil change reminder that I want 40 PSI. They were all at 32. WTF does it take to get those bird brains to pay attention? Ugh.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zimbop
WTF does it take to get those bird brains to pay attention? Ugh.
When I got new wheels, they came with caps that can be tightened by a wrench (and I do - just enough so you can't remove them by hand). Funny thing is that no one will touch them - Jiffy Lube or Honda. I'd suspect that if they can't remove it by hand, they leave it alone (also if they damage something, they're liable). So I might suggest some chrome caps with a hex head on them. Last two trips to Honda they were glad to leave them alone.