HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Big Thank You. New Owner 2004 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Big Thank You. New Owner 2004 HCH

Originally Posted by CheckEngine4EVA
Good luck sir, your check engine light will likely be visiting you soon, like a mooching relative that crashes on your couch for two years. This year model is a lemon, and as much of a honda loyalist as I am, this is the worst car they've ever made. I can't even register this piece of crap because the check engine light will never go away.

I really hope you have a better experience than I have had, but I've had a honda dealer straight up tell me this is the worst model year of this vehicle.
Well, I did know the cat/ima issues before I purchased. I would rather deal with these issues than a software upgrade that degrades my vehicle. I can change a cat, o2 sensor or ima battery pack myself. I can't do anything about their software.

I guess I will see how reliable or not this vehicle really will be...

Sorry for your trouble.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm not sure about "battery issues" with the HCH 1, at least nothing chronic. I'm going on 210,000 miles with no issues, other than a clutch replacement @ 130,000

Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by QuickStickShift
Well, I did know the cat/ima issues before I purchased. I would rather deal with these issues than a software upgrade that degrades my vehicle. I can change a cat, o2 sensor or ima battery pack myself. I can't do anything about their software.

I guess I will see how reliable or not this vehicle really will be...

Sorry for your trouble.
If you don't mind coming out of pocket for all those parts kudos to you sir. Hopefully you wont have to replace them every 2 years.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
I'm not sure about "battery issues" with the HCH 1, at least nothing chronic. I'm going on 210,000 miles with no issues, other than a clutch replacement @ 130,000
Mine had to be replaced right after I bought it (@about 65K) and now at 101,000 I am being told it is again "degrading" and needs to be replaced. Pretty crappy that Honda would replace a part under warranty with a part that would barely last the remainder of the original warranty.