HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

2005 HCH Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 HCH Newbie

I understand where you are coming from. I am just saying it is an extra bit of insurance/assurance (protection) for the IMA charging components. Amps do not create a constant draw (unless it is a smooth continuous bass note - very rare), the capacitor will have the tendancy to smooth out the draw, easier to recharge it than to see sporadic high amp drops.

You did read HE WANTS a decently LOUD system? That the Honda bass system wasn't adequate? IMHO it is probally enough for most people with the addition of some better quality front speakers, and maybe an underseat low powered sub to give a feel.

I take it he will want something more than a bazooka, which is about the only thing weak enough not to pull major wattage, but still has its moments.

I don't want a window rattling system anymore personally, but understand that others do. I have had it in the past (enough to shake your vision), it is nice for a while, but gives you headaches after a couple hours. Maybe he wants to enter a sound competition. Maybe he wants to play it responsibly ... take it out to a secluded area and blast it with his friends and have a good time. Not everyone wants a BOSE sounding system (more quiet but quality full range sound).

Some people like to FEEL the music. This is possible without bothering the other cars around you with proper noise reducing materials (such as Dynamat). I like to feel the bass hits, that is why I will consider an underseat sub to add to a mild bass system.

To me adding a capacitor at its low cost is the same as buying quality parts. I don't buy the cheapest wire, speakers, head units, amps, etc. because it affects quality. You can get a wiring kit at Wal-Mart with a capacitor in it for quite cheap (well under $100). I will admit, the capacitor will not get used in the same way it would in a true competition style setup, but, it still has its benefits as far as I am concerned. 100 for a capacitor, or the risk of overworking the IMA system parts and having to replace them. True, it may not happen, ever ... but there is a possibility, that is why I reccommend it.

I do retract my statement of not any 6 1/2" subs, there are some out there, I am just not used to seeing them or considering them. This might be a really good option if you can find someone using them to get a taste of what they sound like in a car, and still not modify (cut) the car. They would need to be free-air speakers since there is no box.

I find sites and read reviews. Crutchfield has a lot of user reviews for many products without censoring the bad ones.

I really just hope you find the system that you want. Let us know what you got, how you like it, etc. when it all happens for you.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Enthusiast

OMG i cant thank you guys enough for all the help you have been! Ok i think i know what i want now...Alpine Type R Compnents in the front, and the Alpine Type R coaxials in the rear. With 1 12" Kcicker Solo-Baric L7 in the rear. In a custom stealth box made for it....definately a capacitor, and now that i knoww how important the whole hybrid system is...i am replacing the battery with a Red Top battery ( forgot bradn)! Now i have talked to some peole and they highle reccomend a 4-channel amp for the inside speakers, and of course a mono amp for the kicker.... and some dynamat! but now I have a problem, my plans will have to be postponed because i fell into a scam with Actexo textile inc. where they send you money in an empty bank account and you take out 10 percent adn send them the rest...it all seemed perfect until i found out that the check that they sent my bank was fake and that i owed the bank 4000 dollar( the amount of the check)...and i had already sent the money!! so i am down 4G's guys...this sucks and dont do wut i did!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pyromasta
i fell into a scam with Actexo textile inc. where they send you money in an empty bank account and you take out 10 percent adn send them the rest...it all seemed perfect until i found out that the check that they sent my bank was fake and that i owed the bank 4000 dollar( the amount of the check)...and i had already sent the money!! so i am down 4G's guys...this sucks and dont do wut i did!!!
Wow, that's too bad. Unfortunately you are not alone, this is a very common internet scam. Perhaps there are some authorities you can consult to attempt to retrieve your lost money. Check with your local government or police department to see if they have someone to help you with internet fraud.

The most important thing you can learn at the moment is this: The internet is full of information and opportunities. There are all kinds of people out there who are happy to help you out (like most of us here at green hybrid) and there are those out there to take advantage of you. Learn to be prudent in what you take from the internet. Beware of offers that promise too-low prices or easy money - things that seem too good to be true usually are. It's pretty easy to get scammed or inadvertantly purchase bogus or stolen goods. Be careful and good luck.

Last edited by zimbop; 07-31-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about that.

on another note, happy you know what you want now Sounds like a nice set-up. A four channel amp will definately make the aftermarket speakers sound cleaner and use their full potential better. 12" solo-baric is nice too ... I used to want one, but I don't care for the newer square style (shows my age) Old round Solos always had double stitching and were solid. Also heard Polk db line was really strong ... when a certain store first got them in, they had all the employees stand and bounce on the cone to show its strength. Depending on how many watts ... you may have too much for me :p You will have to let us know how it sounds once you can get it done

The brand I believe you are talking about would be Optima. They have a red top and a yellow top ... completely sealed, you can mount them anywhere in any position (but a bit pricey).

Old 08-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Dude, I thought you were 16, how did anyone let you near that much money or give you unrestricted access to bank accounts? That scam has been around the internet for such a long time that it's practically criminal that they don't teach it in schools to warn the next generation. Don't feel too terrible, though- if it didn't fool a lot of people, it wouldn't have stuck around for so long. You aren't the only one.

Just know for next time: never respond to unsolicited e-mail unless it doesn't involve any money or personal information. If anything looks like money for nothing, it's almost definitely a scam. If you're ever unsure whether something might be less than fully honest, legitimate, or legal, check it out with a couple of internet-savvy adults before you sign up and find out what you can online- many scams and phishing ploys are identifiable through a simple Google search that leads to fraud-tracking websites.

Good luck with the HCH and I hope you work out the money situation and manage to get the sound system you want, eventually.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

That's terrible about the scam. I use the web site below to research just about any e-mail that's unsolicited. It's proven to be a great resource for me. Helps out a lot with all those hysterical internet warnings. Hope it's OK I post it here - I'm not affiliated with it in any way.

http://www.snopes.com/

Here's one that looks close to yours...

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp

Old 08-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Enthusiast

Yeah well it turned out all the information that the guy gav me was fake so there is no way of catching them...Well, i'm applying for a pharmacy tech job I hear it pays around 10 an hour, and you guys are alot of help... If any of you know any where else that pays good it woould b nice to know...i hear transcription is good at home too.. well thanks again for all of your help!

Old 08-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Enthusiast

I dont know if you've done this/installed it already but I just did my hybrid accord last night, it works great! you dont even need a new head unit, get an RCA converter use the rear speakers to connect the sub/amp straight to it, then run ur basic power/cables from battery to trunk sub/amp, simple stuff only problem with mine is the accord has a crappy ANC unit which is buggin out.. but for your civic should be a piece of cake you wont even need a capacitor...

Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Enthusiast

Oh ya, definatly a 4 channel but I would say the 4 channel would be more then enough to power everything just get something like 3000 watts, I suggest looking into Bass Inferno I got a 2000 watt 4 channel built in varible amp for around a 100 bucks, pushes out great! but I would avoid running 2 amps because then ull be draining to much power and use up a ton of wireing/extra room