You gotta laugh...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:14 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default naaa more likely this...

Originally Posted by Canuck
This may be the future of the automobile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jHFT...layer_embedded
after prezdent Osamma gets through reducing everyone (except his group) to the lowest common denominator....

Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: You gotta laugh...

I like Obama.. good debate tonight with the GOP. Hopefully, both parties can work together to bring universal health care to the US. We have one of the highest standards of living in Canada, (lower infant deaths, longer life expectancy, better education, etc.) paid through taxes. The US needs to decide if they want to return to the Bush era of tax cuts for the rich, or free up some of that wealth with more taxes on those earning in excess of $250,000 (but still less than those paid by us in Canada!). The gap between the rich and poor is growing wider and wider and that should be of serious concern. You also need bank reform. Look north to see how banks must be regulated from the strongest financial institutions in the world. Derivatives do not exist.. then Bush allowed insurance on them! Sheesh!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: You gotta laugh...

Canuck great video, the HyWire is awsome, oneday we have a car body, next a Tahoe and then a Silerado like Mel's. On another note I have put together a turbine MTI 55' PT6-34A powered boat it was fun and more reliable than the turbine powered Lycoming boats T55 helicopter engines. The point I just wanted to make is old bone yard technology is fun but it is just that old technology. Jet 1 an engine that might work for you that is inexpensive is the Alison 250 helicopter engine used in the older version of the Jet ranger they have used this engine in the Cessna 206 ampb as well. Gearbox for electric motor is already there it used to drive the rotor, engine is approx size of V8. Need more power go to the PT6A-41 or 65 used in the twin pack helicopters. Lots of power not sure how the power to weight or power to fuel consumption will work here. Not sure if the HyWire has good torque in four wheel drive, or if four wheel drive has been considered. GM plan two-mode Hybrid use engineering data for Volt, use Volt data for Hy-wire? Hy-Wire 10 years till market??? GM has a lot of projects ideas just need to get them to market, Toyota is having its issues now and it is time for GM to regain market share. I belive the Hybrid and Volt will help here.:ligh tbulb

Old 01-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here here! GM will regain market share. But what they really need is to get recognition for some pretty darn good cars. I have been a Chevy Truck guy forever. But they lost me to Honda years ago and then enter the Prius. We have been very pleased with it. I like to play with stuff and I think you guys are having way too good a time! Now Ken, you need to put a jet pump on that PT6 in the boat! I bet it would pump some water! Hey, I have two motorcycle engines driving my boat. But they are 10,000rpm motorcycle engines. If I could find a PT6 reasonable, I would have built an MK3 or MK4 Cozy years ago and made it turbine powered, how great that would have been. Can't do boats and birds...maybe switch in a few years. I loved the video on the HyWire...great platform. Now if they make the pickup bed, convertable, and the sedan all available as low cost accessories on a one owner vehicle, we have something to crow about! ha ha

Old 01-30-2010, 04:34 PM

Mel,
If you ever need a run out PT6 for a boat project just let me know, I have a few.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

I guess that would be a great project for a boat, but even a homebuilt Cozy and the FAA is going to make you do a hot section at least...but what a kind and generous offer. Great engine, I might have to piddle with the idea. Man, I bet you could make a boat fly with one of those. Have to run diesel in it, thats all you could get at the lake.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:03 AM

Mel,
If you have a boat I have an engine, hot section complete. I have several of the older US Army King Air Engines. Bought 20 at an action for projects they have lots of life still.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 AM

Jet 1 I like the picture does it have the battery backup option????

Old 01-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

well, it is green technology...you could run something off the methane!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:32 PM

Yes Mel maybe an additional horse and carrage.