Winter Tires/ Off Road Tires for Tahoe Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Winter Tires/ Off Road Tires for Tahoe Hybrid

Has anyone installed Winter or Off Road tires on their Tahoe Hybrid? If so what kind.
Thanks Ken

Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Winter Tires/ Off Road Tires for Tahoe Hybrid

I'm interested in the answer to this one too. The stock ones worked good in the snow last winter but with the wear (already - I do a lot of driving) I think I will need something more aggressive.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:12 AM

Good Morning Canuck,
I went to my Chev dealer and they recommended Blizzacks or Hancocks. I am still researching this one.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Enthusiast

has anyone put plus sized wheels on their hybrid during the summer months? i had 22s on my 07 tahoe, but left them off when i got my new hybrid. just wondering if anyone has done this and if so - what effect it had on mpg...

Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

I run 20", my mileage dropped about 1-2 mpg, but I think that is due to the speedometer being off a bit.

Bringing in the Yukon into the dealer tomorrow, will see if they can change that.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

thanks for the reply. i'm planning on keeping my 22s off for now ~ since it is about to snow... but hoping to put them on in the spring if it won't change mpg too much. either way - its a lot better than the 13mpg i was getting in my 07 tahoe with the 22s.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Your might be a bit lower since the 22" are heavier. Which is why I didn't go 22"

But if I had them already, they would be on.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Back to the winter tire issue. I am putting Blizzak DM-V1 255/60/18 on tomorrow. $1,529.00 Can installed (with taxes). Yikes! But I called a number of different tire shops and the winter tire stock is very low. Most tire shops just turned me away when I told them the size. So much for a slow economy! The tire shop that found the last 4 in the lower mainland of BC said that the 265/60/18 (as opposed to the 265/65/18 that are stock) won't make much different - it will just lower the vehicle about 1/2 inch. It's already too low but I felt I didn't have much choice. I'd hate to have an accident on the winter roads just because I cheaped out or didn't like the size. Just wondering if anyone has any comments about putting on winter tires in this size? I know it changes the odometer slightly (doesn't matter to me) and the dealer said the handling would be better but the difference is so slight I wouldn't really notice it.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:37 PM

Hi Canuck,
Butler in Pembroke qouted me $1250.00 installed and balance for the Blizzacks.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here's the bill: Tires $1,185.68, balance: $100, Replace Sleeve Acc. Kit - Snap-In *25 $59.80. True Service Inspection N/C. GST: $68.27, PST: $95.59, ADF (Enviro levy) $20.00 - Total: $1,529.34. I'm not sure where Pembroke is? Is that US or Canada? I wonder if he accounted for the sleeve kit required for these vehicles?

Drove through the mountains 300km tonight. No new snow on the road but icy in parts. They really grip the road - more aggressive than I thought but still a pretty smooth ride.

No regrets so far but still need the winter blast to put them through the real test - that might be the drive home Sunday according to the forecast.

Quick Reply: Winter Tires/ Off Road Tires for Tahoe Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands