Valentine 1 install

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Administrator
Default Valentine 1 install

Okay so I installed my V1 and concealed display. I used a fuse tap at # 16 and then tried # 23 but each time it is an active/ always on power. I wanted a power source that will only turn on if the ignition key is in ON. That is why I used #23 which is the rear wiper. But when I tapped it, the power is live but the rear wiper is not on. The # 16 is a fuse for the auxiliary power source and it is always on. Btw it is the instrument panel fuse block on the left side of the dash. Hints? Ideas?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Valentine 1 install

Not sure you will find traditional switched ignition there. #16 the fuse for the console mounted cig lighter plugs or the one way in the back. I get #16 and #2 confused.

There are several circuits under hood that are switched but now you need to poke a hole or fish a wire. Some of those bundles that plug in on the door pillar fuse center may be switched but without deep dive into harness drawing don't know what they go to.

There is a switched ignition circuit that goes all over, solid pink wire.

Last edited by Hillbilly_Hybrid; 07-06-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: added pink wire
Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

On the Silverado, I used the Blendmount to install my Valentine (http://tinyurl.com/7keu3f5) on the rear view mirror. Ran the wires under the roof trim and down the passenger pillar. When you open the passenger door, there is a cover on the side of the dash. I pulled that off and hunted around until found a pin in there that supplied power only with the key turned on. Made for a very neat install.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast

I just used an Invisicord and tapped the switched power from the rear view mirror. It only took a couple minutes.

Last edited by xfordguy; 07-20-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by LakeSilverado
On the Silverado, I used the Blendmount to install my Valentine (http://tinyurl.com/7keu3f5) on the rear view mirror. Ran the wires under the roof trim and down the passenger pillar. When you open the passenger door, there is a cover on the side of the dash. I pulled that off and hunted around until found a pin in there that supplied power only with the key turned on. Made for a very neat install.
Do you know the pin number? I have accessed that as well but tried almost every fuse and it is live even with the ignition off.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
Do you know the pin number? I have accessed that as well but tried almost every fuse and it is live even with the ignition off.
Sorry - no. I think they were pins from some unused connector. Just tried each one until I found the winner.

When I get back in a few weeks - be happy to take a picture and post it here if you haven't found something yet.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by LakeSilverado
Sorry - no. I think they were pins from some unused connector. Just tried each one until I found the winner.

When I get back in a few weeks - be happy to take a picture and post it here if you haven't found something yet.
I tried all the fuses and all are live without the ignition on. I did not want to splice in one of the wires and just used the fuse tap to power it. But it is a pain to turn it on and off and sometimes forgetting to turn the detector off.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here is where I plugged mine in.

When you pull off the cover on the right hand end of the dash, I have an empty plug socket there and attached (the red wire) to one of the exposed pins there. This particular pin powers up when the key is turned. Found a mounting bolt in there too, for the ground line.

Attached Thumbnails Valentine 1 install-img-20120807-00070.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Administrator

You mean passenger side or just right side of the drivers dash? Thanks!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
You mean passenger side or just right side of the drivers dash? Thanks!

This is the end of the passenger's side of the dash (I have a Silverado). You have to open the passenger door in order to remove the cover on the end of the dash. It is easier to get a grip on the cover if you open the lower glove box.

Attached Thumbnails Valentine 1 install-img-20120807-00071.jpg  

Quick Reply: Valentine 1 install

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands