Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:21 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default don't you think

that if it was a "real" problem the NHSTA would be all over it....also....brakes are hydraulic...the power assist is usually vacuum but in our case it is electric in nature...however...even without the electric boost you are suggesting a total hydraulic failure...im not buying it..more required brake pressure might be needed but complete brake failure...i don't think so...... if you are confident its an issue reoprt it http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Last edited by jet1; 07-05-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: don't you think

Originally Posted by jet1
that if it was a "real" problem the NHSTA would be all over it....also....brakes are hydraulic...the power assist is usually vacuum but in our case it is electric in nature...however...even without the electric boost you are suggesting a total hydraulic failure...im not buying it..more required brake pressure might be needed but complete brake failure...i don't think so...... if you are confident its an issue reoprt it http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
You are suggesting that the numerous people who have reported this issues on this site are making this up? I don't believe a single person has said a total brake failure, it was a power assist issue where you had to actually stand on the brakes to get it to stop. If you have not experienced it in this vehicle then you have no clue as to the difficulty to get it to completely stop even at low speeds. And it would be impossible to stop in short distances (or normal distances) at normal highway speeds.

I am confident enough that it is an issue that I have had it at the dealer for 2 weeks now while they are trying to repair it and have requested a buyback. Either way they are now within a week of the Lemon Law in my state and I will be filing for it the second that day comes around. And since our 1st official recall is not even listed on that site, I don't really see how you could deem that a reliable reference.

Last edited by osu125; 07-05-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:48 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default like I said...

" if you are confident its an issue report it http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ "

Old 07-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

Has the braking and tranny problem been resolved in the new models 2009 tahoe hybrid?
I am planning to buy a Tahoe Hybrid in a couple of months, and now I am freakign out about its safety?
any new updates regarding trhis issue?
Did GM figure out teh reaosn behind it?

any input is highly apprecated

Thanks all in advance
Regards
Guss

Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default Allegded...

I don't think its an issue I think a few people are trying to get out of their cars as they are expensive and unless you RE-LEARN how to drive they won't give you a return on your investment. I'm really tired of this ONE thread that has found its way all over the internet. NHSTA isn't looking at it and brakes are a red flag to them. I think there are a FEW owners that just don't get it.
go to this link and read it it kind of explains some of the complexity of these cars....I love mine and its a jan 08 build.

http://www.bodyshopbusiness.com/Arti...ecautions.aspx

Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

The local cadillac dealer came to our residence with a flat bed truck to pick up our vehicle. Again, my wife during electric operations had to 'stand' on the brake pedal to stop the vehicle. With that physical task there were annunciators and im pharaprasing the indications 'stablitrack off', ABS off, check engine light were displayed. A restart of the vehicle and systems seemed all right. The cadillac service department did a software update to cure the problem. A week later, all currently seems well. I believe to post updates if problem resurfaces. This problem fixed in its entirety should be the only reason this thread dies.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Allegded...

I don't think its an issue I think a few people are trying to get out of their cars as they are expensive and unless you RE-LEARN how to drive they won't give you a return on your investment. I'm really tired of this ONE thread that has found its way all over the internet. NHSTA isn't looking at it and brakes are a red flag to them. I think there are a FEW owners that just don't get it.
go to this link and read it it kind of explains some of the complexity of these cars....I love mine and its a jan 08 build.

http://www.bodyshopbusiness.com/Arti...ecautions.aspx
Jet1, you are clueless.

As far as the original question, I have no ideal if it is something that is exclusive to the 2008's (which is what mine is) or if any 2009's are experiencing the problems. I would recommend doing some research on your local dealers experience in servicing Tahoe/Yukon Hybrids, mine has Hybrid certified technicians...however, they don't seem to have a great deal of actual experience with this particular model and that may be leading to the delays on getting the vehicle back. I would also investigate your buyback or lemon law options in your state, though this is a small forum I find the rate of this failure among forum members quite alarming, and some states certainly favor the manufacturer over the consumer.

To date with my vehicle, I have had to take it in (3) times (purchased less than 4 months and 5000 miles ago).

The first was a due to what the dealer called a communication error caused by the lot improperly charging the battery after it set on the lot for a while, they had to reset all 32 computers/modules on the vehicle (at least that is what my service report claims).

The 2nd was a transmission issue that had a TSB issued by GM, though the actual repair time was a day or so, it took over a week to get the parts in.

The 3rd issue has been the loss of the power brakes (dash says no ABS, Brakes, Traction Control, Stabilitrak, and the check engine light is on). OnStar and my Dealer said it was/is due to another communication error between some of the modules. In fact, they had to replace one module just to finish diagnosing the rest of the vehicle, which to date has lead to two more module change outs (still in the shop for this one, day 14). Since the purchase my vehicle has been in the shop around 30 days. When I ask my GM service advisor, he claims to have no information of this being a prior issue, I directed him to this site and a couple others...he declined to visit any of them. One member on this forum actually posted several of his service reports on an Atlanta newspaper site online, so you can see it is a real problem.

My attorney has advised me to attempt to negotiate with GM prior to filing anything with NHSTA or BBB Auto Line, as a good faith gesture I suppose. I am sure others who experienced this problem were probably advised to try the same which may explain why it is not yet on the site, but I will be filing at the end of this week if the buyback does not progress forward. As I mentioned earlier, I am not sure as to the accuracy of the information on that site...the recall I received 2 weeks ago is still not listed on the sites recall section...so either the site is not completely reliable or there is a bit of a lag in information posting.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:57 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Like i said...

" if you are confident its an issue reoprt it http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ "

oh and I saw the words lawyers advise and didn't even read your post!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Like i said...

" if you are confident its an issue reoprt it http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ "

oh and I saw the words lawyers advise and didn't even read your post!
Maybe you should read it as opposed to making uneducated, uninformed posts.

Or like I said, feel free to ignore the topic until yours does the same thing...even with your advanced Hybrid driving skills.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:04 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: Like i said...

report it.....and I never claimed any "driving skillz" I simply said you need to learn how to drive it as it is different....
good day

Quick Reply: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands