Tahoe mount for cell/sat/pda

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Tahoe mount for cell/sat/pda

I added a Panavise custom mount to mount my Sirius radio in my Tahoe. It installed fairly easily with the harderst part removing the "wood" bezel that surrounds the radio. It's very tight! I would've liked to mount it lower (I may move it later) but that would require some trimming of the mount where it attaches to the radio screw due to connector tabs that attach the radio to the HVAC panel below it that conflict.

The part number is: Indash by Panavise #751102305

Manufacturer Link:
http://www.panavise.com/f/comm/indas...artn=751102305

It's a custom-fit mount that has a bunch of holes to mount almost anything onto it. I looked around my local area at a bunch of stores for a good mounting solution an no one had a similar mount. I asked an installer at Circuit City how they usually installed these and his reply was "We use the suction cup that comes in the box." What!?! I turned and left quickly. I also tried a high-end car stereo shop and they didn't have anything but said they'd order it for $50-$60. I ended up getting one from Ebay for $25 andinstalled it myself in 10 minutes.

In an attempt to foster a community for us Tahoe Hybrid owners I'm going to try and add more information to this forum over the next few days/weeks/months.

Attached Thumbnails Tahoe mount for cell/sat/pda-cimg0015.jpg   Tahoe mount for cell/sat/pda-cimg0016.jpg  
Old 01-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe mount for cell/sat/pda

Thanks for the post. I will look forward to seeing some more info when you have it available!

Steve,
Lake Tahoe

Old 02-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast

Any new info on the mount?
Thank you!
B. Balandra
Lake Tahoe Vacation Rentals

Old 02-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Enthusiast

What kind of info are you looking for? My mount is great. I did end up using a piece of wire loom to tidy up the wires.