Tahoe Hybrid HV Battery and other parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 07:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Tahoe Hybrid HV Battery and other parts

Hi,

I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid that is not driveable due to collapsed lifters and a couple other issues, including that a deer decided to do some bodywork on the left front corner around the same time. I guess when it pours it rains.

I bought it in 2018 and got to drive it for all of 2 months before it ate itself. Insurance didn't cover, and dealer bill was more than I paid for it, so I took quite a loss on it. I'm looking to recover what I can and move on. Since it's not driveable I'm thinking of parting it out.

Any suggestions on which parts are practical to part out, and potential buyers? I'm thinking specifically of the HV battery which I assume is of more interest to resellers/reconditioners than to end customers, but open for ideas on other parts also.

I was able to keep the HV battery charged for about 18 mos after the lifter issue (the engine would start, but ran very rough), but for the last 6 months it's sat idle, and I don't know how that affects the HV battery and whether it's still of value to a reconditioner or not.

Thanks

Old 06-07-2020, 04:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe Hybrid HV Battery and other parts

Several of these Hybrids are available at my local salvage yards (in my area) but might be more rare in others. I would just pick out the Hybrid specific parts, anything that is different from a standard Tahoe and make a list and check at yards to see what they are asking. Mark yours down well below the yards prices and advertise well and you might recover some of your losses (if you have time to fool with removing parts shipping them and then of course doing returns) We have some yards here called PullAPart they will buy your old vehicle and come and haul it off for around 450 bucks. If mine gets down where it is not worth fixing I am going to probably go that route............