Tahoe hybrid battery repair ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Tahoe hybrid battery repair ?

Hey. I have a question about my hybrid battery on my Tahoe, I have the code p0bbd which in the description is for variation of voltage , but whenI plug my scanner I have an snap on Solus and all the cells read very close to each other, i have understand that no more than a 1.5iv is acceptable, anyway I call someone that’ says that service hybrid batterys but he refused to work on this one , he say the only way is to replace all the cells , does any body knows if it’s possible to make a test on each cell and just replace the cells that are weak? Why people offer Toyota prius battery service but on this Chevy tahoe hybrids no one wants to do the service since the cells are exactly the same as the Toyota Prius unless you replace the 40 cells, any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Jorjans79; 09-17-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe hybrid battery repair ?

If you bother to search here, you'd find detailed testing confirming the shop's claim. Your battery is destroyed. It can't be repaired or reconditioned. Only option is replacement, either the entire thing, or disassemble and replace all 40 modules.

1.5V is absurdly high and indicates a massive problem with a battery. In reality, you don't want more than 0.2V, and resting voltages tell you nothing. You need to check voltages under load. Lots of graphs of folks doing that and demonstrating massive battery deterioration.

People offer the service on Prius because Prius aren't as hard on their battery as GM, and Prius batteries CAN be repaired and reconditioned. Once a GM battery fails, it's toast.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast

I had Green Bean do mine. It was 3k but took 20 mins while I was at work.

Theirs are reconditioned but have an unlimited mile five year warranty.

I also was going to mention testing it under load as well. But, I do not know anything about all that.

good lock!

Old 02-23-2022, 06:16 AM
Enthusiast

this doesn’t seem accurate. Attempting to rebuild an 09 Escalade HV pack today. Will see how it goes. Also rebuilding using all new 40 modules would still be economical

Originally Posted by S Keith
If you bother to search here, you'd find detailed testing confirming the shop's claim. Your battery is destroyed. It can't be repaired or reconditioned. Only option is replacement, either the entire thing, or disassemble and replace all 40 modules.

1.5V is absurdly high and indicates a massive problem with a battery. In reality, you don't want more than 0.2V, and resting voltages tell you nothing. You need to check voltages under load. Lots of graphs of folks doing that and demonstrating massive battery deterioration.

People offer the service on Prius because Prius aren't as hard on their battery as GM, and Prius batteries CAN be repaired and reconditioned. Once a GM battery fails, it's toast.

Old 02-23-2022, 05:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jax prii
this doesn’t seem accurate. Attempting to rebuild an 09 Escalade HV pack today. Will see how it goes. Also rebuilding using all new 40 modules would still be economical
were do we find newones?

Old 02-24-2022, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
were do we find newones?
I’m sorry it’s a proprietary secret :/

I can sell you set for Prius with 10 year unlimited mileage, transferable to next owner warranty. $1600 plus shipping. Can rebuild your pack for $200 labor

Old 02-24-2022, 03:43 PM

I’m sorry it’s a proprietary secret :/

I can sell you set for Prius with 10 year unlimited mileage, transferable to next owner warranty. $1600 plus shipping. Can rebuild your pack for $200 labor
LOL. Not for new Toyota modules. You're a junk peddler.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:24 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
were do we find newones?

tahoe would be 2200

Old 02-24-2022, 08:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
LOL. Not for new Toyota modules. You're a junk peddler.

ok man, obviously, because Toyota doesn’t make them. So do you know who does? Call it junk but does your manufacture & shop offer 10 year warranty free ? Parts and labor? Or any Toyota dealer for that matter. ? Our expectation is to outperform yours.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:31 PM

ok man, obviously, because Toyota doesn’t make them. So do you know who does? Call it junk but does your manufacture & shop offer 10 year warranty free ? Parts and labor? Or any Toyota dealer for that matter. ? Our expectation is to outperform yours.
You're just plain lying, OR, you're claiming "no warranty" because you've denied legitimate warranty claims, OR you're in such a mild climate, even the low quality stuff works for you, OR your warranty period is so short, they just don't fail in that period.. I'm painfully aware of the two Chinese NiMH manufacturers and the garbage they'll try to slip through customer's quality control. There are very few battery shops that have been around for 10 years, and I'm VERY familiar with one.

I've tested every Chinese NiMH product offered for aftermarket hybrid packs, and they are grossly inferior to the Toyota/Panasonic/Sanyo offerings. Period. Not. Even. Close.

Quick Reply: Tahoe hybrid battery repair ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands