post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

Originally Posted by evois
I read about soldering the wire that connects to the rear glass fixes that. If you're not sure, have it done professionally.
It's not the wire itself that is broke. It is the tab thewire connects to that is attached by some adhesive to the heating element.Being tugged by the wire the tab ripped off of the heating element taking asmall chunk of the heating element with it. I just did some google searchingand there are generic repair kits for this kind of problem. I'll probably tryone of those out.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

Just joined the forum today. I have been looking for a Yukon or Tahoe Hybrid for months now. Currently own a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali.

I found a 2009 Yukon Hybrid with 117,000 miles. I have never considered buying a vehicle with over 100k miles before, but at their asking price it's hard not to consider it. Clean history and clean vehicle. Have yet to test drive it, but the pictures make it look brand new and it's a previous 1 owner (verified by autocheck).

After reading a lot of threads it appears I may want to avoid a 2008 Hybrid, as in many cases, the first run of any new vehicle poses a lot of glitches.

What experiences do people have with their 2009 (or later for that matter) Yukon or Tahoe Hybrid? Anything I should look out for?

Since I have absolutely no experience with these Hybrid motors I'm afraid it'll cost me big out of warranty bucks to fix anything. I can take care of most vehicle issues myself, but this is an area I know nothing about.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 03-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by denaliguy
Just joined the forum today. I have been looking for a Yukon or Tahoe Hybrid for months now. Currently own a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali.

I found a 2009 Yukon Hybrid with 117,000 miles. I have never considered buying a vehicle with over 100k miles before, but at their asking price it's hard not to consider it. Clean history and clean vehicle. Have yet to test drive it, but the pictures make it look brand new and it's a previous 1 owner (verified by autocheck).

After reading a lot of threads it appears I may want to avoid a 2008 Hybrid, as in many cases, the first run of any new vehicle poses a lot of glitches.

What experiences do people have with their 2009 (or later for that matter) Yukon or Tahoe Hybrid? Anything I should look out for?

Since I have absolutely no experience with these Hybrid motors I'm afraid it'll cost me big out of warranty bucks to fix anything. I can take care of most vehicle issues myself, but this is an area I know nothing about.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!
for peace of mind, I would look for a warranty to buy it. if buying from a dealership, check that it is a local vehicle and not an auction from out of state. if it is a private sale, make sure the seller can provide a service book of maintenance scheduled performed. I have a 2009 I bought new in 2009. I registered with on star continuously since I bought it and I can get a printout of the maintenance, oil changes that I made on the vehicle. Now, cadillac.com has the owners section and you can pull out and print the service history of your vehicle if you want to sell it.

but if it is just a vehicle with no history, maintenance records or local connection but just enticed by the price, you might end up holding the bag of problems like in any vehicle hybrid or not. the car fax or auto check just tells half the story.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I am also looking at hybrid and age much research belive I am going to buy it tomorrow aftrrnoon.what are they asking for yours?
I as you may find that most issues are computer program related and i have yet to find any constant issues with these truck .One or two here 530: 903: 1792 there but as with most vehicle there are always the occasional problem .oil pressure pumps and issues related to pressure is about it mechanically other then front axle seals which i found out are common on the the truck with or without hybrid .back rotors issues here and there but again not really related to hybrid .The battery pack will need to be replaced eventually but I've only found two people that have done it one paid $1500 the other about the same and everything else I have read indicates 250000 to 300000 miles or more depending how many years it takes to get that millage .The member hillbilly seems to really know his stuff here so I'd read his posts ifi were you. .. I am curious as to what are they are asking for 09 ? I've been nervous but I'm confidant is a he'd truck and any issues would of already come and gone by now.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry for the REALLY bad spelling and punctuation...

Old 03-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Post pics!

Old 03-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast

evois and jimr5454, thanks for the quick replies. I sent a request to the dealer asking if they have anything on it's maintenance history. I'll see what I get from that, then take it for a test drive if everything looks ok.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Remember the carfax does give u allot of info I call the dealer if listed and ask very nicely for a more detailed list of what was done to the truck
That is how I found out it has brand new motor dealer installed as well ss front seals although I did find the original owner and he told me as well .so research as best u can.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jimr5454
Remember the carfax does give u allot of info I call the dealer if listed and ask very nicely for a more detailed list of what was done to the truck
That is how I found out it has brand new motor dealer installed as well ss front seals although I did find the original owner and he told me as well .so research as best u can.
Just a caveat, factory built is different from dealer installed.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

When I contacted the dealership they made a point to mention that it was not a rebuilt but a new factory delivered motor and they installed it the previous owner told me it cost him right at $8000
Dollars and that gm helped out with $3000 credit on the motor now I'm not a expert by any means so does the above statement mean it's anew motor from the factory ? I didn't think to ask how can they have motor exact for that truck that's 6 years old are there no changes to that motor compared to the new oness? Or is there a stock pile of the motors somewhere ? I can't imagine there are a ware house full 9th the but that's how he described the motor installation and I was happy to get what info he was giving me so I didn't push my luck.any comments would be welcome..

Quick Reply: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands