Not equipped SDGM

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 04:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Not equipped SDGM

So how TF does this happen? It use to work just fine. I use to be able to access the module and access the jump assist mode. Now it shows the module is not equipped. I ripped the dash apart it has power.... I can't even find a replacement.

I just bought a Bosch MDI2 it comes ups today. Not sure if it'll help discover the reason it can't communicate or not but maybe someone here has experienced similar issues?

Old 02-06-2023, 04:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Not equipped SDGM

Old 02-06-2023, 08:34 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

you know more about this than me, but your question for me googling. found an article about gm network and that gm released a software called Data Bus Diagnostic Tool (DBDT), looks like it's free to download. from reading this...

https://diag.net/msg/m4gnxx6lq24xdh47yaow4odaix

it seems like that tool is helpful when a module doesn't show up in your list on the scanner.

no clue if any of this is helpful or not

Old 02-12-2023, 01:18 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

the Bosch MDI2 is like an official gm tool right? did you have any luck with it. I picked up a clone tech 2 and was scrolling thru things, I see the sdgm is on the list but there's no data or codes to check it seems. weird things it seems.

Old 02-12-2023, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
you know more about this than me, but your question for me googling. found an article about gm network and that gm released a software called Data Bus Diagnostic Tool (DBDT), looks like it's free to download. from reading this...

https://diag.net/msg/m4gnxx6lq24xdh47yaow4odaix

it seems like that tool is helpful when a module doesn't show up in your list on the scanner.

no clue if any of this is helpful or not

ill check it out

Old 02-12-2023, 01:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
the Bosch MDI2 is like an official gm tool right? did you have any luck with it. I picked up a clone tech 2 and was scrolling thru things, I see the sdgm is on the list but there's no data or codes to check it seems. weird things it seems.
so the MDI2 is apparently supposed to do everything... but being my truck is a 08 i have no idea how to run diagnostic... or if i have to pay extra or what

Old 02-12-2023, 02:08 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
so the MDI2 is apparently supposed to do everything... but being my truck is a 08 i have no idea how to run diagnostic... or if i have to pay extra or what

ahh I'm not sure, there's a 99 page thread over on the Tahoe forums about this stuff. I get the feeling it works as a scanner without paying but you need the correct software on your laptop. if you want to reprogram stuff thats when it gets rough and you gotta pay gm for access? I don't know if your year requires something different. my clone tech 2 says 91-2013 on the screen. they say it stops at 2013 because you need the newer stuff, but I don't know if yours is reverse compatible. I'd hope so thou.

Old 02-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
ahh I'm not sure, there's a 99 page thread over on the Tahoe forums about this stuff. I get the feeling it works as a scanner without paying but you need the correct software on your laptop. if you want to reprogram stuff thats when it gets rough and you gotta pay gm for access? I don't know if your year requires something different. my clone tech 2 says 91-2013 on the screen. they say it stops at 2013 because you need the newer stuff, but I don't know if yours is reverse compatible. I'd hope so thou.
I can use sps just fine. So I can reprogram modules I just can't figure out how to use it as a diagnostic

Old 02-21-2023, 02:05 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

does this software do anything for your Bosch MDI2?

https://cdr.boschdiagnostics.com/pro...-mdi-and-mdi-2

Old 02-26-2023, 12:01 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

I was looking up some can stuff for a buddy who's motorcycle has a can bus issue and ran across this YouTube video. guy shows gm can network stuff like I've not seen done before.

I thought about your missing module, it seems on his at least the network didn't really care that he bypassed a module completely as long as the data line was complete. I would like to know what software he's using, looks very useful