No start, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default No start, need advice

2008 tahoe hybrid.
Problems started with a bad fuel pump. Changed out the pump and everything was fine. Drove around the block a few times and it died. Hooked a tow strap to it and brought it home. Loosened up the gas cap and it started back up. Pulled the tow strap tight over the hood and into the door. Drove around the block and the strap slipped off the hood. As soon as the strap caused the front left tire to stop, the truck died. Now it doesn't attempt to start. I believe it says the interlock circuit is interrupted or something. The big fuse is good. The plug on the hybrid battery is installed. The switch under the hood by the passenger side is still correct also.

I have searched for weeks now and can't find anything to help. I've pulled every fuse I can find and checked them all. I've replaced the 12v battery.
The hybrid battery is still good as far as i can tell.
I have autel and tech2 clone to use for scanners.

any help is appreciated

Old 04-03-2022, 06:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No start, need advice

Make sure the battery disconnect plug is fully inserted and you slide the handle down after inserting it, otherwise you will continue to get that interlock message.
Here's a video that shows the safety plug being removed/installed. Different car but same type of battery and plug
You can see that the handle part of the plug slides.

Last edited by Jaime; 04-03-2022 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:06 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jaime
Make sure the battery disconnect plug is fully inserted and you slide the handle down after inserting it, otherwise you will continue to get that interlock message.
Here's a video that shows the safety plug being removed/installed. Different car but same type of battery and plug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQHFswd0ggo
You can see that the handle part of the plug slides.
Would the thing that happened with the strap have anything to do with this plug? I unseated it and replaced it after hoping for a kind of reset. It is seated like in the video now.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:39 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turbotalonx
Would the thing that happened with the strap have anything to do with this plug? I unseated it and replaced it after hoping for a kind of reset. It is seated like in the video now.

did it work? there's another thread that just ended from a guy that hit a big pot hole and his died. don't know if he got it fixed either.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

most likely it set off the crash sensor

Old 05-22-2022, 09:33 PM
Enthusiast

No fix as of yet

Old 07-02-2022, 07:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You probably figured it out by now but Yeah you set off the HV crash detection module it has to be rest with a tech2 or equivalent. Did anyone get video of the tow strap incident that would probably make that TV show "funniest videos"