Newbie today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Newbie today...

Sorta, I picked up a 09 tahoe hybrid 4x4 last night...This unit will be a patrol car for me...long story short. Local business needed to give some $$$ to local towns and we were awarded an amount to purchase this vehicle..out the door for 49,565. no taxes since it is for the police dept. no sun roof, or rear video player. had to use it today for a detail for about 4 hours...this was the most fun four hours in a long time..the ol c5 day would have to take the back seat. not bashing vetts but this thing is a beast....will be adding interior led's lights. I spoke with the company who installs lighting and other stuff and there really not for sure how there going to hook up everything. I removed all the decals (hybrid) from the body and glass. Looks much better.. I have one question and I know I have not gone thru the owners manual but I moved the gas pedal forward but now how do I move the brake forward?? sorry but they have given out all the money so I know it's tempting to ask if there is any more cash to give away..this is a once in a life time chance for us for a freebie..I was really not liking the idea having a hybrid for a police car but the more I learned about the vehicle and how it works, I would have one for myself in the future..

Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default welcome...

People really don't think about it but these things have 160 HP that is instant (electric) and 332 hp conventional which as we all know adds up to 496 HP.
I think it is quicker than my 5.9 jeep GC and that was no slouch. take some time to learn the systems and it is a great vehicle. I easily get over 20 mpg all the time in the city driving I do.
good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask!

Old 08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: welcome...

Originally Posted by jet1
People really don't think about it but these things have 160 HP that is instant (electric) and 332 hp conventional which as we all know adds up to 496 HP.
I think it is quicker than my 5.9 jeep GC and that was no slouch. take some time to learn the systems and it is a great vehicle. I easily get over 20 mpg all the time in the city driving I do.
good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask!
oh and...mine are fixed pedals. I was under the assumption that the brake and gas moved together.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie today...

dare,
Weclome to the forum, keep us updated with your experience

Old 08-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

Played around with it tonight...the pedal and brake does move at the same time...I am waiting to send it in for lights and all the stuff a cop car gets..The owners manual is really working out when I read it....this is not just another car....it's.........

Old 08-16-2009, 10:55 PM

Dare,
If you can provide us with pics after installing the lights would be great

Old 08-17-2009, 10:35 PM

Cool that they added moving pedals!!! I did not have an option to get those. Hmmm.... ...I wonder if I can retrofit...