New (for me) 2008 Tahoe Hybrid Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New (for me) 2008 Tahoe Hybrid Help

Update:

Had both the Silverstar Ultras and the new Tripletreds installed today. Got a chance to test them out in the first snow in MA.

The new lights actually do produce a brighter, more effective light. Makes night driving much better.

The new tires seem to provide excellent traction. While other cars were slipping and sliding, i had no issues whatsoever. For those that are looking for the tires, there seems to be a shortage out there. Took me a while to finally find and get them delivered.

Overall, i'm happy with these minor upgrades.

As for the remaining issues. I had to pick up the car before they could fix everything. My rear hatch is sticking the windows still vibrate. Minor issues. The most concerning issue is excess vibration in electric mode. Theres a strange noise, not the typical hybrid noise, that creeps up whenever cruising at higher hybrid speeds. It resolves once you accelerate or slow down. The servicd manager heard it while I drove him around. All the tests so far came back normal. Guess i have another service trip coming up...

Well, that's it for now. I hope everyone has a grest Christmas.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Enthusiast

No one else has commented on the resonator so I thought I'd revive it. I have a leak on the drivers side of the resonator where water drips and there is a black color there. I was told by our dealer that things were fine but unless there is a hole there I can't see how it is. I think they mentioned condensation but that should be more evenly distributed.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Enthusiast

It's a weep hole, all mufflers have them. The condensation in your exhaust needs somewhere to go or it'll rust through. The black is normal too, mine is stained that color around the hole.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mine too, this is normal

Old 01-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I won't worry about it anymore.