Lifetime XM/Sirius Subcription $499 Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Lifetime XM/Sirius Subcription $499 Canadian

My free 3 months trial was coming to an end so I searched google for the best deals/coupons and I read in a thread that XM/Sirius offers a lifetime subsription for $499. It also allows for the lifetime subsription to be transferred twice to new radios for $75 per transfer (payable at the time of transfer). It is not advertised and not very well known. I was lucky to stumble on it and then when I called it was confirmed by the rep. I am in Canada and so mine is through XM/Sirius Canada -- I don't know if they offer the same thing in the States. I like the fact that I never have to pay again. Just thought I'd pass it along in case it helps someone else.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lifetime XM/Sirius Subcription $499 Canadian

I'd be a little cautious of a 'lifetime' with Sirius. As a corporation, they are not doing that well financially. The other day there was a front page writeup in the business news about someone (EchoStar Corporation) buying all their debt. Which was followed today by speculation about EchoStar buying them/taking them over.

Will a new combined corporation honor previous lifetime subscriptions?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

I thought XM and Sirius had already been consolidated just by listing to the ads on the radio that mention the channel numbers for both (different numbers but now same programming). But I see from looking at mail, it is all in XM. I don't think Sirius is available in GM?

Old 02-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Don't know about Sirius in GM. Sirius and XM Radio did combine about 1 or 2 years ago.

The news stories I was talking about:

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2009/02/0...ght-sirius-xm/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123388180101154945.html

Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

I hope for the best, but saw this headline today: Sirius XM Prepares for Possible Bankruptcy

Old 02-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

I would still have paid for a year's sub so at worst I am out about $400. Life goe's on. I am a gambler and still would pay the lifetime sub. I note that with dvr's that when echostar was bought out, the same company that is looking to buy xm/sirius honoured the lifetime free dvr fee. Then they promptly eliminated the program. So I as I see it, get in now.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Chevy Man

Thought you might find this letter that went to dealers last week interesting. A friend of mine shared it with me:

A Message to GM Employees & GM Dealers Concerning the Sirius XM and Liberty Media Agreement

From Rick Lee, Executive Director, Satellite Radio Services, OnStar

As you may have recently read, Liberty Media Corporation announced on February 17 that they have entered into an agreement with Sirius XM to provide loans in exchange for a 40% equity interest and Board of Directors representation.

It is our understanding that this agreement enables Sirius XM to continue to develop the opportunities previously noted in the merger of Sirius and XM and it helps strengthen the capital structure and financial flexibility of the company going forward.

We are excited about this positive development that will better enable XM to continue providing great content and innovative programming.

GM will continue to work with Sirius XM as they venture into this new partnership. For more, visit xmradio.com.