Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: just back from a 1700 mi road trip

The red eye, I understand

Old 12-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

That's a NWA (northwest) or EAL (eastern) term. It is just an all-nighter at AA.

Hey kklein, isn't the Silverado/Sierra Hybrid built in Oshawa, Ontario plant? How far is that from Ottawa and have you gone for a tour? I wish I had gone up to watch my truck roll off the line. Would have been fun.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Oh man...a suburb of Toronto. I have been up there with long layovers...I could have visited my truck before delivery!

Old 12-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txav8r
That's a NWA (northwest) or EAL (eastern) term. It is just an all-nighter at AA.

Hey kklein, isn't the Silverado/Sierra Hybrid built in Oshawa, Ontario plant? How far is that from Ottawa and have you gone for a tour? I wish I had gone up to watch my truck roll off the line. Would have been fun.
Corrrect, Oshawa is just east of Toronto, basically a suburb. Camaros are made there. Brampton is on the west side, where the Challenger is built. Nice high performance bookends in Toronto! On a recent trip out that way, car haulers loaded with both were a common site on westbound 401. The first hybrid Sierra/Silverados were made at Oshawa. But with all the restructuring they're made at Silao now.

Last edited by KC135R; 12-01-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mexico?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

That is where my window sticker said...but when the transport papers came out of the build plant, it said it was shipping from Canada??? I am confused, but what is new.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

The changeover happened this year, there was an article in Wards about it. Probably some paperwork with Oshawa letterhead still on it. Seems like nothing is constant at GM right now. Next thing you know there could be a new CEO. Oh, wait...

Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There are a few Hybrid Silverados still in Oshawa to be shipped they just finished the change over last week when I was there. The Tahoe hybrids are build in Texas. I was in Oshawa three years ago to see my Duramax come off the line. On another note the Canadian Government gave GM about 400 million to keep the research plan in Oshawa and the new skunk works Hybrids are in development there. This time it is rumoured that Magne International is involved, Frank Stronack. When you are in Toronto next give me a call and i will arrange a tour of the R &D center this goes for anyone else if you are in the Toronto area. My company currenty looks after the canadian GM Flight Department Aircraft. Oh sorry about Red Eye after i posted that I thought that you might be with AA. Several years ago I was using AA a lot until I had a Corporate Flight Department now I am semi-retired and like to fly. I am a better Engineer than i am a Pilot. On another note seeing as you have politically challenged Jet 1 what is your view point on Robert Crandel for CEO of AA who i know well, also what are your thoughts about McCathy from Canadian Airlines he was involved in some form of pilot's union issue???? I was on the YYZ to DFW AA flight when he took over the rains. He did good for Canadian but I am not sure he did a good job at AA. The Yaw Damper system you were talking about is on the 777? I have a split rudder on the X that is used for that at high mach numbers. The old X dutch rolled a lot on landing until they incorporated the high gear low gear mod on SN 197 that eliminated that problem. Its nice to go mach .92 at FL47 and pass everyone in the high speed lane