Hybrid owners jet/warbird thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Hybrid owners jet/warbird thread

Here it is let the flood Gates open. Hopefully the Moderators wont mind this. This thread is for owners, lovers, and enthuests of Jets and Warbirds. Okay Jet 1 who won the Unlimiteds in Reno last year and what was the speed record? Rare Bare?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:08 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default steve hinton won JUNIOR THAT IS...

...in strega...crap I'm old, i have pics of him on the ramp at Reno as a babe in his mothers arms.....

486 and change with a couple of 500 mph laps thrown in....I talked with Tiger and he said the plane had more to give...but thats ramp racin.
As far as i'm concerned the real winner last year was my friend Dan martin in an almost bone stock p-51 named Ridge Runner. His flying abilities are nothing less than 1st class. i have flown with him and he really knows his stuff.

http://www.airrace.org/indexJS.php

Old 11-22-2009, 08:46 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default heres the SU 35

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t=CA_SU-30.flv

tremendous aircraft...but even though it can do some amazing maneuvers it would be out of fuel in a mater of minutes. The soviet military primarily thinks DEFENSE ... when the Blues went to the eastern block a few years ago they were amazed that we could fly our front line fighters that far and support them in the field with 3 c 130 aircraft....thank god for cheese cloth...to strain the fuel through at a couple of locations!

Last edited by jet1; 11-22-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid owners jet/warbird thread

Actually the Su-27 Family of aircraft (Su-30 MK/MKK/MKI/MKV) carry quite a bit of fuel..

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...u-27-specs.htm

Comparable to a F/A-18 E/F variant....

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...f-18-specs.htm

Name:  TOPGUN_Controller_patch.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  13.8 KB

Old 11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default well yes they can...

but my point is that they can't do all those maneuvers in a combat configuration ... they wow the crowds at air shows but its not realistic

Old 11-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Enthusiast

Oh I agree Jet, but honestly that can be said for much of the 4th Gen aircraft in the world. But just like NASCAR, win on Sunday, sell on Monday, Airshows like Farnborough, Langkawai etc, etc are to sell aircraft.

And yes, the FSU of the Cold War was all about Quantity over Quality, they have a pretty good formula with the Su-27 series, which is why they export that platform more than the MiG-29. But like my earlier post, performance isn't everything, gotta look at the whole package.

Fly safe Jet!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:41 AM

Well looks like I own a TA-4J. Now I have to figure out how to pay for the fuel. Pick it up on Friday in California and then off to Ottawa Canada. Icing season here should be interesting. I asked my daughter to fly me out but she is replacing the heads and banks on her TF-51 with her boyfreind.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Enthusiast

TA-4J. that brings back some memories.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM

I am really excited to get her home and complete some detail work over the winter. We are planning on taking both aircraft to Reno next year and fly every day for two weeks out there.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Jet 1, I have a question my daughter would like us to take both aircraft to Europe and she would like to hold a lottery for warbird loves and we would take two with us for a flight of a lifetime. Is this something that could be done in Reno. She would like to generate funds for a Childrens hospital in the US. We do not have a Fat Albert like the Blue Angles but we have a Citation X we would use for support. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Hybrid owners jet/warbird thread

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands